Chapter 13

Fun facts: The author of this book was originally going to make Tanjiro Y/N's love interest but realized Y/N is way older then him and it would be weird if a 15-17 year old boy would fall in love with a 400+ year old person who has the body of an 11 year old. Plus it's a child reader story so I don't really like adding much romance for Y/N/reader

You were trying to find the estate since you basically ended up in a forest probably nowhere. "Huh-" You were walking around until you saw a blue butterfly in your hand. Hey aren't you the same butterfly from before? You said to the blue butterfly. You looked around and saw Kokushibou. Uncle! You walked to him and smiled. He just stared at you. So how has it been? I haven't seen you in a few months! You said. You mean a few hundred years? Kokushibou corrected.

I'm not a old person unlike you. You responded. Y/N, you're literally 400+ years old. Kokushibou corrected. Nah, i'm eleven! You said proudly as you put your hands on your hips. Well for an eleven year old or should i SAY 400+ YEAR OLD is acting childish? Kokushibou said clearly. He sighed. "Just act like us even if you look like a child."

You gritted your teeth in a funny way. He just stared at you as if you're crazy. You felt something on your hand, you looked down to your hand and saw a red butterfly. Demon kid? A voice called out. Kokushibou looked over you. Y/N I'll take my leave. I prefer to not interrupt someone's mission, bye Kokushibou said. Okay, Sayonara! You said and waved. He ran away like he was teleporting.

Hey demon kid. A familar voice said behind you. You looked behind to see Tokito. Ah, hi Tokito-San! You said.

Hey- what's your name again? Tokito asked. I- are you serious? You thought while you froze. It's Y/N Tsugikuni. You said as you showed your hand to him. He looked down to it and had a confused expression.

Oh, you wanted this right? Tokito asked. What? You said. He pulled out your nichirin sword and put it on your hand. "There, goodbye now." He turned his back and walked away.

Wait! You ran up to him. Hm? He turned his back and looked at you. How did you find this?? You asked with curiosity. Oyakata-Sama told me to give it to you. He answered.

Oh thank you! You thanked while smiling.

She looks a bit familiar, but I've never seen someone like her. Muichiro thought to himself.

Well, anyways, I wondered if we could be friends? You asked kindly.

"No."

Eh?! Why not?! You questioned. The simple word "no" felt like you just got stabbed with three swords.

I'm not gonna be friends with a weak demon. He replied.

But you know...I could protect you when I get stronger??? You said, trying to become friends with him.

"No."

He walked away after.

A few minutes later, where he was far far away from you, you ran so fast so that you appeared infront of him. He stopped in his tracks, a bit taken back from your speed.

PLEASE! I BEG YOU! You begged, tugging his yukata with your hand, you were technically in your knees. Begging him to be your friend.

No, stop getting in my way, you're annoying. He replied, giving a cold stare this time.

But you wouldn't leave him alone. You seriously wanted to make it up to Yuichiro after he gave you ohagi. You begged for many minutes, until Muichiro couldn't take it anymore and just accepted it.

Fine, but it doesn't mean we are exactly friends. I'll just hang out with you sometimes, like using you for entertainment. He said.

Using me for entertainment..You thought. It wasn't something you expected. But atleast you could call him your friend, and he would too.