Chapter 48

Thank you all smm!! The amount of reads is INSANE. Thank you sm to everybody who has read up til now!

Btw should I make a Tanjiro x Reader Book? I've been wondering for a long time now and the recent episode made me want too. HIS SMIRK AND EVERYTHING WAS SO WOWW I waited so many years for that and it definitely came to my expectations! Please say yes or no 🥹 if nobody answers then I''ll make one.

You looked behind your back to see who it was.

Tsuyuri? You called out, wondering why she's awake at this time.

Greetings Tsugikuni-San. I..I wanted to give you something as a gift for giving me that hair pin. She said.

You know you didn't have too..You responded while smiling a bit.

No no, I can't show you how thankful I am for what you've done in words. So instead I figured actions are better. She thanked as she took a few steps closer to you.

She then handed out a jaded necklace, it was your favorite color.

You looked up and down at her. It was unusual for you to receive gifts. Even Yoriichi would barely give you gifts. The only gifts you've ever gotten was a flute, learning how to defeat a demon and receiving Umari's old clothes.

Your eyes glimmered. It was one of the most beautiful gifts you've ever received from somebody. Especially a bracelet made out of jade.

I-Is this made o-out of j-j-jade?! You asked in curiosity as you took it and touched it.

Mhm! She responded as she smiled. You looked up at her. How can you afford this?! Jade bracelets costs around 14,000 yen! You gasped.

(Btw demon slayer is set all the way back to the 1912's, so this amount of money is a lot.)

I came across a jewelry gemstone shop and the bracelet color reminded me of you. You also gave me something I never knew I would receive in my hands again. I thought it would always be a dream I would wish for. The hairpin is special to me, so thank you. I owed you something and I'm gonna give it to you. She explained kindly.

But..I can't accept this! As long as YOU bought it, you should own it, not me! You exclaimed, feeling bad that she wasted so much money for you.

Please..accept it. She begged.

"I.."

Her face began to frown. You felt pity for her and you didn't wanna decline the gift afterwards. You didn't wanna make Kanao sad.

Okay fine..I'm only accepting cause it's pretty..and because it's you. You accepted, you then tried it on and it looked great on you.

Hey, this totally suits me! Thank you Tsuyuri!

Call me Kanao, we are friends now. So I want us to, to call each other our first name. She stated.

First names feel quite plain though..how about nicknames! You suggested as you sat on the platform, she followed.

Nicknames? She questioned as she moved closer to you. She was curious to what it was.

Yeah! Nicknames are like a short term of a name, instead of saying the full. You can say it like this! Tanji for Tanjiro! Zeni for Zenitsu! Mui for Muichiro! Igu for Iguro! Ino for Inosuke Or Shino for Shinobu! You explained as you began using hand gestures. It was a new thing for you to use hand gestures, but it showed more emotion.

She nodded in interest, wanting to listen more to your talking.

Alright, I can call you maybe for..Nao? Noo..Kan?..nah..maybe..maybe Tsuyu? You suggested in a asking form.