Chapter 45

Late post as usual, was originally going to post this January 29th but I ended up forgetting about it and thought I already posted it 😀💔

Who are you?!" A stranger asked frightened. They were behind you, and you felt the presence.

You looked back and saw a scared stranger, holding up a broom ready to hit you.

I'm Y/N Tsugikuni, friends with Umari. Who the hell are you living in my friends house?! You asked back.

Umari? That's one of my great ancestors, how did you even recognize her house?! He questioned, suspicious of you.

She used took care of me when my father was out working, most of the time she takes me to her house if her parents aren't home. Unfortunately, she died from something, I was at the scene but I can't recall what exactly happened. It was 400+ years ago.. You explained.

Oh..I see- WAIT. That's not possible for HUMANS to LIVE FOR 400+ YEARS?! NOW YOU'RE LYING. He shouted.

I'm not a human, I'm a different species. You answered and showed your teeth, not even thinking that he was probably a demon slayer.

His expression became more shocked and surprised. He was definitely frightened of you now. He took a few steps back, hoping that you wouldn't come closer.

Relax, I'm not gonna kill you. You are Umari's descendant after all. She was dear to me, so her descendants will be dear to me too. But if you're lying..I will not hesitate to devour you and rip of your bones one by one and donate them to dogs, with the rest of the meat I probably didn't devour will be sent to your relatives or neighbors. You said sternly giving him an uneasy stare.

He gulped and nodded.

Okay! Well I was wondering how this house looks exactly like your great ancestor, I was expecting it to be abandoned or demolished by now. You wondered smiling to him.

It was actually, but I bought this house for a ton of money and now I own it. Nobody ever wanted to change the design of this house cause of how unique it was. This was also my childhood home until my parents moved us closer to the city when I was thirteen. He answered.

Speaking of age..how old are you now, and what's your name? Mind introducing yourself? You asked him.

I'm Shitomo, I'm twenty five years old and currently living here by myself. I retired quite early since I got a lot of money by saving and working. He introduced himself.

No last name? You questioned. We don't really have a last name..after Umari's death her sister ran away and took away her last name. She then married a man named Hakuto but both of them got in a accident.
They forgot about everything except for each other and their child. Utaka, who was the sister of the deceased young adult slowly started remembering her life before the accident but never remembered the last name or her family, they were just a blur that she tried to not ignore. Since then the situation cycled again and again to the relatives and descendants of the family. Luckily I haven't gone in a accident yet. But it's a never ending curse. He explained.

Oh..oh gosh..You said, the family of Umari was very welcoming to you.

You never felt a sense of discomfort when you were around them, they were like your second family. It wasn't expected that Utaka would run away after her sisters death, she was always the bright one and has never even tried or though about running away before.

| Insert flashback |

Y/N, I'm afraid we cannot use your house right now, your dad is having an important meeting with his boss. Umari said.