𝗏𝖺𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝖽𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗌 ─ 𝗍.𝗇

𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀: 𝗵𝗼𝗴𝘄𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲'𝘀 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲

𝘄𝗰: 𝟴𝟳𝟮

"attention year 7s!" dumbledore greeted while he stood on the podium in the great hall

he had asked all the 7th years to gather in the great hall before breakfast. apparently, he had an announcement to make.

"the staff and i do realise that all of you may feel stressed due to your NEWTs coming soon, so we have decided to host a valentine's ball. it will happen on the night of february 14th" dumbledore finished his short speech and sat back down on his chair.

murmurs and chatters of excitement started to fill the great hall.

"ooh i can't wait for it!" daphne exclaimed next to me.

"i can," i groaned.

of course daphne was excited, she was absolutely beautiful. boys would be lining up just to ask her to be their date.

not that i jealous of my best friend, i just envied her a little sometimes. through my years in hogwarts, no boy had ever done more than merely look in my direction.

merlin, i had to dance with professor flitwick at the yule ball because i didn't have a date.

the rest of the day passed, numerous boys had gone up to daphne to ask her to be their date. not even one boy had approached me.

"hey babes," daphne sank into the chair opposite me, dropping the numerous roses onto the library table with her.

"hey daph," i looked up from my book, "so who are you gonna go with? i mean you do have options," i pointed to the flowers that littered the table.

"i don't know yet," daphne tapped her pointer on her chin.

i was about to reply when i was cut off by marcus flint, who was now standing next to daphne.

"hey daphne, could i speak to you?" marcus asked.

"yea sure," daphne stood up patting her skirt down, "i'll be right back" she whispered.

"wait but your flowe-" the two walked out of the library before i could finish my sentence.

i let out a breath i didn't know i was holding and diverted my attention back to my book.

i then heard footsteps walking over to the table i was sitting at. keeping my head down, i saw brown leather shoes standing by me.

i didn't bother lifting my head up, "daphne's outside talking to marcus," i pointed lazily to the exit.

the person cleared their throat, "actually y/n, i'm here for you."

my eyes widened in shock as i tilted my head up and made eye contact with theodore nott.

i've always fancied theo. he was smart, kind, and very handsome. we sat next to each other in a few classes and i would consider us friends, but i doubt he did.

"yes?"

"i was wondering if you'd like to go to the valentine's ball with me?" he asked, holding out a red rose in his hands.

"is this some sort of prank..? are we gonna point to some hidden camera then fake laugh into it?" i frowned.

"no y/n love, it's not a prank. why would you think that?" theodore placed his hand on my head and stroked my hair.

"well theo, news flash, it's rather unusual someone as popular as you would ask out someone like me," i sighed.

"someone like you? what do you mean" he took a seat in the chair next to me, holding my hands in his.

"you know what i mean," i stared at the ground, too embarrassed to even look the boy in the eyes.

"you're kidding right? y/n you're absolutely beautiful," he lifted my chin to look at him.

"yea right," i scoffed.

"y/n, you do realise that no boys ever ask you out because they're too afraid you'd reject them? you're what the boys in our house call, art. for us to admire but can never touch," theo's hand that was holding my chin up now rested on my cheek.

"they were discussing in the common room just now, trying to muster up the courage to ask you. i couldn't help but to feel a little jealous, so i made it a point to be the first to ask you," he rubbed the pad of his thumbs below my eyes.

"so y/n y/l/n, will you do me the honour of attending the valentine's ball as my date?" he picked up the rose that he had put on the table and handed it to me again.

"of course i will theo," i took the rose from his hand and pulled him into a hug.

"i never knew that you fancied me," i spoke up when we pulled away.

"godric y/n i thought all those flirting and suggestive winks in class were enough hints," theodore rolled his eyes.

"wait. that was flirting? i thought the classroom was just really dusty," i scrunched my face up in confusion.

"this is why you don't realise half the slytherin faculty is head over heels for you," he lightly flicked my forehead as we both laughed, earning ourselves a death glare by madam pince.