𝗉𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗒 𝖽𝗋𝖺𝗀𝗈𝗇𝗌 ─ 𝖼.𝗐

𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀: 𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗻 𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝘂𝗺𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱

𝘄𝗰: 𝟱𝟯𝟱

"look at all the pwetty dragons!" the toddler ran towards the glass of the norwegian ridgeback enclosure, pulling my hand along

"yes esme, they are very pretty," i smiled at the little girl and bent down to be at her height.

"her name's noberta," a male voice spoke causing me to turn my head in the direction of it.

the man was wearing tan cargo shorts with a matching top, he probably worked here.

"i brought her in a few months in ago, a real beaut that one," the man squat down next to esme and started to tell her more facts about the dragon.

esme happily nodded along to each word the man spoke, meany 'ooh's and 'ah's leaving her lips.

the pair then stayed in silence for a while staring and admiring the dragon with fascination. i stood behind them smiling at the adorable sight, quickly sneaking a picture with my camera of esme and the friendly dragonologist.

i then saw esme let out a small yawn.

"tired already little one?" i tapped on her shoulder.

the small girl nodded her head and i picked her up, placing her on my hip.

the man then stood back up, dusting off his shorts.

godric was he handsome

"why thank you," the dragonolist chuckled, esme giggling along.

"did i just say that out loud," i groaned.

"yup!" esme popped the 'p', putting her tiny hands on my blushing cheeks.

"well we best be off now, esme thank mr..." i squinted at the nametag pinned on the man's shirt, "weasley."

"oh please, my name's charles" he stuck his hand out for me to shake.

"y/n," i shook my free hand with his.

i studied the features on the man's face. the read hair, freckles and hazel eyes.

what i didn't notice was that the man was doing the same with me.

"charlie?"

"y/n/n?"

we gasped simultaneaously.

"hi! how are you?" he engulfed me in a hug, squishing esme who was caught in the middle of it.

the last time i saw charlie was on the last day of school at hogwarts. he was in a few of my classes and we were good friends, but just didn't keep in contact after we graduated.

"its been so long! but yea i've been good," we pulled away from the embrace.

"so you're a mother now huh?" charlie booped esme's nose, causing her to scrunch it.

"oh merlin no, this is esme, my niece. i'm looking after her for the day," i bounced the toddler in my hands.

"ah i see...do you have a boyfriend or..?"

"i'm very much single," i was slightly embarrassed to admit.

"well do you want to maybe get dinner sometime?"

"is the charlie weasley asking me out on a date?" i teased.

"i guess i am," he grinned sheepishly.

"can we go now i'm tired?" esme whined, leaning her head into the crook of my neck.

"i better go before she starts getting cranky, i'll wait for your owl?" i asked charlie.

"certainly," he winked as we bid goodbye to each other.