𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗒𝖺𝗋𝖽 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝖽𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 ─ 𝖼.𝖽

𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀: 𝗰𝗲𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗰 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝗳𝘁𝘆.

𝘄𝗰: 𝟱𝟵𝟱

"it's pretty simple really

"it's pretty simple really. like for this question it's asking for the heart numbers, so all you have to do is calculate the vowels," y/n explained to the boy sitting next to her.

"ah that makes much more sense now, i was wondering what the bloody hell professor vector was on about just now," cedric joked.

"i must say, she isn't the best at explaining is she?" y/n spun her quill in her fingers.

cedric and y/n were sat by a picnic bench in the courtyard, enjoying the beautiful spring weather.

the hufflepuff was scribbling on his arithmancy parchments while the girl has her nose buried in her potions textbook.

just then, a big gust of wind blew past the pair, causing y/n's knitted bauble hat she was wearing to fly off her head.

the girl let out a gasp as she watched her hat flow away.

"my hat..." the girl frowned.

cedric lifted his head up to see what was going on.

cedric realised what had happened and started to giggle, but instantly stopped when he noticed the tears prickling y/n's eyes.

"are you alright?"

"huh?" y/n sniffed, wiping her nose with the sleeve of her robes, "yea i-i'm alright, it's just that my grandmother had knitted me that hat and she passed a few months ago...i'm sorry i have to go, can we reschedule to another day?"

y/n quickly stuffed her things into her book bag and before cedric could reply, the girl had already scurried off.

y/n didn't have some emotional attachment to the hat, she was just still shaken up over her grandmother's passing, and losing the hat just triggered that feeling in her.

to be honest, a week later, she had completely forgotten about the hat.

y/n was sitting in the great hall tucking away at her lunch when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

y/n turned her head around to see cedric and his friends standing behind him.

"hi y/n."

"hi cedric, did you need anything?"

"i-i" cedric stuttered, causing y/n to raise an eyebrow at the boy.

"blimey," justin, one of cedric's friends, groaned and dug his hands through his bookbag and pulled out y/n's bauble hat, handing it to the girl.

"my hat! you found it!" y/n eyes widened in delight.

"er actually...i knitted it," cedric put his hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth on the ball of his heel.

y/n admired the hat, it looked just like the one her grandmother had made her.

"knitted it? thank you so much!" y/n got up from the bench and gave the hufflepuff a thankful hug.

"i saw how much the hat meant to you so i decided to make you a new one, it's nothing really," cedric smiled bashfully.

justin let out a scoff, "nothing? yea right. diggory over here didn't leave his dorm for a whole week because he was busy learning how to knit."

cedric nudged his friend in the ribs, sending him a sharp glare.

"oh. wow cedric, that's really sweet of you. i don't even know what to say," y/n breathed out in awe at the amount of effort cedric had put into the hat, "please, let me buy you a butterbeer to repay you, this saturday perhaps?"

"this saturday sounds lovely."

"alright i'll see you then?"

cedric nodded his head.

as cedric and his friends were about to walk away, y/n tugged on cedric's arm, stopping him in his tracks.

the girl quickly tiptoed and placed a soft peck on cedric's cheek, "thank you again," she whispered.

a deep blush rose on cedric's cheeks as he mumbled a "your welcome," before running off to catch up with his friends.