𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗀𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖾𝗈𝗇𝗌, 𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗌𝗂𝖼𝗄𝗅𝖾𝗌, 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗄𝗇𝗎𝗍𝗌 ─ 𝗀.𝗐

𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀: 𝗴𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗮 𝗰𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗷𝗼𝗸𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽 𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴.

𝘄𝗰: 𝟳𝟴𝟲

𝗮/𝗻: 𝗶 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝗱𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗼 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗱 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗺𝗮𝗿 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗳 𝗮𝗻𝘆.

"um hello?" you leaned against the counter and called for the man standing behind it.

"ah yes what can i do for you?" the redhead beamed.

"i have a nephew, he's 12 this year. what'd you recommend as a birthday gift for him?" you asked sweetly.

"the mega joke box, just enough of joke products with a sprinkle of explosive enterprises in it," the man picked up a box from the highest shelf and placed it on the counter.

"perfect. how much?" you asked as you reached for your pouch of coins.

"two galleons, sixteen sickles, and nine knuts. but for a pretty lady like yourself, two galleons, sixteen sickles, and eight knuts."

"are you flirting with me..." you trailed off waiting for the man to introduce himself to you.

"george, george weasley."

"i'm y/n, nice to meet you. well, george weasley, are you giving me a discount because i'm a valued customer or is it because you're trying to hit on me?" you asked with a raised brow.

"well that depends on what your answer to my next question is." george rocked on the balls of his feet.

"ask away."

"would you like to grab a drink sometime? a meal perhaps?"

you placed the correct number of coins on the counter and picked the joke box up into your hand.

"well i happen to own the bakeshop just down the street, maybe swing by, have a taste of a few puddings, then i'll consider taking your offer up," you winked at george before whisking yourself out of the joke shop.

you returned to your bakeshop and flipped the sign over to signify that you were open.

you placed your things under the counter and put your apron on, tying your hair up into a ponytail.

the day brisked by as new, as well as regular customers came into the shop. you were famous for your lemon slices and they were always the first to be sold out. it was a quarter past five and the last customer of the day bought the last millionaire shortbread.

as you wish the customer a wonderful evening, you started packing up for the day. you cleaned out the display glass and wiped the few small round tables that leaned against the side of the shop.

the bell to the front entrance rang.

"we're all out for today, i'm sorry."

"i should've stopped by earlier," a familiar voice spoke.

"oh! george right?" you recognised the man from before.

"that's me. i was really hoping i'd get to try a few of what you had to offer. i'd always get a good whiff of freshly baked lemon slices whenever i walk past your shop in the mornings." george had a tone of disappointment.

"i was actually hoping you would visit today, so i saved you some of my favourites," you pulled out a pink cardboard box from the back kitchens.

george settled into one of the empty chairs as you sat opposite him, opening the box for him to have a look.

"may i?" george gestured to the selection in front of him.

"of course, go ahead. they're all for you," you smiled.

"mmm." george hummed as he took a bite out of the lemon slice, "that has got to be the most delectable thing i've ever tasted."

"oh you're too kind," a tint rose to your cheeks as the man's compliment left you flustered.

you and george spent the evening sharing the pile of sweets in front of the both of you and chatted about whatnot.

you learned that he went to hogwarts and you shared that you went to beauxbatons.

the two of you did not realise that the sun had set when two of you finished the box.

"thank you again for the sweets," george thanked as he popped the last bite of mini treacle tart in his mouth.

"your welcome, it's my pleasure," you smiled at the man.

"i would hundred percent volunteer myself to be your professional taste tester."

"i would love that," you tilted your head up to look at george, who towered over you in height.

"would you like to er go out sometime then?"

"well i can't go back on my words can i?" you reached for the notepad in your apron and scribbled down a string of numbers, "give me a ring sometime."

"will do," george put the piece of paper into his back pocket, "goodnight y/n."

"g'night george," you tiptoed to place a peck on his cheek as he blushed and disapparated away.