CH5; AFFRIGHT.

Complete book currently available on Okadabooks! Only preview chapters will be available here.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

Aria thought Maya getting married to a Nigerian is news but getting married to a Royal? That's the type of news that had her rooted to her spot—frozen entirely. How is she supposed to react? She has so many questions running through her head regarding this marriage.

How did Maya meet this Nigerian guy named Muneer? How did she fall in love with him? And why does he have to be a Royal?

She doesn't have a thing against Royalty but it doesn't take a genius to know that royal life is complicated.

Although Aria takes pride in being an exceptional lawyer just like her parents, she had never once thought of getting herself entangled with any royalty of any sort be it of any country, state, or in this case, Caliphate.

Albeit, Muneer isn't a Prince—but he's a royal nonetheless. He has the royal blood in his veins and power oozing from him—it's just not as much as that of the Princes and Princesses.

That to say doesn't mean she's not happy for her sister, she really is. Maya looks happy, and that's all she could ever ask for. She knows her sister well, and hence, could tell when Maya is faking her emotions. At that moment, she's not.

She's genuinely happy and seems over the moon in love with this Muneer guy. It's been a couple of days since she arrived in Hadewa, and she had overheard Maya and Muneer on the call several times being all lovey dovey. At a point, Maya introduced Aria to Muneer and they exchanged pleasantries on the phone once.

Aria would say he sounds nice, but the lawyer instincts in her doubts him. She didn't show it to him or Maya though, she kept it in her. It's nothing personal after all. It is just in her DNA to doubt everyone she meets until she deems them not shady. In this case, she knows it'll take a while for her to fully understand Muneer's intentions. But, she's willing to wait as long as it would take so as to know what the man's true intentions are.

Her parents along with Muneer's elders have been sorting out ways to merge both their traditions when it comes to the marriage. It's going to be hard, but they are willing to go all the way for the newest couple in town. After all, it's a 'go big or go home' case.

Maya, who had been staring at her phone for hours ends rose her head to glance at Aria who stood in front of the mirror fixing her veil maneuvered into a hijab. "Muneer's family are bringing the kayan lefe tomorrow"

This caught Aria's attention. Dropping her hands to her sides, she turned around to stare at her sister, lips tugged into a small frown. "Qa—qahen lafe? What's that?" Aria noticed the tilt in the corner of Maya's lips—probably finding her sister's Hausa pronunciations to be funny.

Maya shrugged lightly. Muneer explained it to her times without number but she's yet to get a hang of it the exact same way he explains it. It's not like she pays no heed to his culture, she does but she's new to this all and with the wedding, she's just getting bombarded with tradition left, right, upwards and downwards. It'll take a while for her to understand everything. So, she opted for explaining in her own terms, "It's basically means bridal gifts which is like a tradition of theirs where the groom's family bring boxes filled with clothes and such to the bride's family"

Aria had more questions she wanted to ask, but decided against it. Even though her sister hasn't said anything, she knows that Maya is having a hard time learning everything so she let her be. She'll get her answers eventually as the wedding drags on. So, she nodded softly.