CH43; FURY.

Aria chocked, dropping on the cold floor when Muneer released her.

She could barely breath, but she forced herself to take in all the oxygen she can after not having much of it. It hurt to do so, but she needed to do it else she would have a much bigger problem.

When her senses started to return, she heard the sound of a phone ringing which when it reached her ears, sounded like blaring alarms. It was too loud for her now sensitive ears to take but she had no energy to try and block it off.

She looked up through her glossy eyes to glare at Muneer who hasn't answered his phone that is ringing, but it's held in his hand which was the only indication Aria saw to know the man is well aware of the call ringing.

He was staring down at her with eyes narrowed. When he parted his lips to speak, it came out low—more like the warning that it truly is. "You better leave right now before I finish you off Aria. I'm warning you now" He was honestly starting to regret not killing her off.

Maybe he would've done that had it not been the call that came in at the moment, saving her from death at the very last minute.

A part of him urged him to ignore the call and finish off the task at hand. There was no one in the house aside from them, he can easily finish her off and dump her body somewhere it will never be found. It would easy for him to make his gateman shut after the matter too and dispose of her car.

His life would be so much easier if he just kills her. All it will take is his hand wrapping around that throat of hers again and squeezing the life out.

At the brink of giving into that temptation and with a step forward in her direction, the phone that had stopped ringing went on about it again.

Muneer released a harsh breath, shifting his gaze from Aria who despite the pain still evident remained glaring at him. She couldn't talk, more less scream at him. She had tried to reply but her voice came out a bit above a whisper. It sounded hoarse when it indeed came out and there was pain that shot through her at the action.

Her hand reached out to caress the throat while Muneer stormed out after seeing who the caller is. On his way out, he 'accidently' stepped on her left ankle before he made his way out.

Aria gritted her teeth together, not giving him the satisfaction of hearing a whimper from her. Honestly, the pain that shot through her due to the action will have her crying on normal basis but she didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing her like that.

Even as her eyes glossed over due to the immense anger bubbling in her, and the pain that Muneer inflicted on her she still didn't let it fall. How could she when she thought of the fact that if the man can do this to her, then what did he do to her sister?

She forced herself to her two legs, the ankle that Muneer stepped on with a force a bit more than necessary almost gave up on her. She crouched due to the stinging pain, nonetheless, she limped out and made her way over to her car.

On the way out, she couldn't see spot the man anywhere, and despite her current predicament, she was still a bit in ease knowing she can leave alive. Muneer clearly proved to be the one that will go to any length to get what he wants.

Managing however she can, Aria drove back to the palace a bit longer than usual since it was hard to drive with an ankle that hurt with any slight pressure applied. She was earnestly surprised she was able to drive herself home.

She made sure that her face didn't give away any hint of how she is internally feeling, and her hijab covered her neck entirely before she stepped out of the car. Undoubtedly, she is aware that the guards will be outside her chamber, guarding it and she couldn't have them seeing her limp in, so she used the back door hoping no one spot her.