CH24; PALACE SURFERS.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

Aria hated the palace.

It seemed like the Royals made it their mission to annoy her every chance they got.

A week has passed since she moved into the Palace as Aali's wife and not once did she get any peace. She had to deal with the Royals, aunts, cousins, basically the in-laws in general who want to see the Princess and decide whether she deserves Aali or not.

As if she cared.

She wouldn't have cared one bit about it if not that it seemed to be getting worse each day. The Queen invited her back to the 'council meeting' three more times. And each time Aria tries to reject it, she somehow ends up going with the Queen.

And that meant arguing with the women and her storming out.

When she returns to her chambers, she's met with guests who made it their mission to get under her skin. Quite frankly, she was tired of holding up that 'Nice façade'. To be honest, she wondered why she even bothered to begin with.

Maybe because she preferred to make less enemies during her stay there but it doesn't seem to help one bit.

And she couldn't deny the guests access into the chambers because it's apparently their right. Aria had to hold herself back from saying something insulting when she was told that.

Right? Is there anyone who knows more about rights than she does?

She's a damn lawyer for God sake!

And besides, even she has rights. But of course, no one wanted to listen to that. They should thank Lord she wasn't in the mood to play the 'rights' game with her else it would've ended badly for them.

The only few times she gets peace is when it's night time. That was when guests weren't allowed in and so, the only person she has to deal with is Aali. He knew everything that's going on with her, but he pretended to not know, knowing her well. It would hurt her ego if he tries to step in and do something when she can handle them pretty well.

And quite frankly, she was planning on doing that soon.

Very soon. A girl can only handle so much—especially if that girl is Aria.

She hadn't seen Hudayya since that day, and she couldn't help but wonder if the woman's off mood when they left has something to do with what happened. Nonetheless, she kept it to herself and to the back of her mind.

Whatever it is, it will one day come out.

After all, nothing stays a secret forever.

~*~

It was a little past 1pm when the guests for that day arrived. As usual, Aria wasn't expecting them and considering they came without any heads-up, they were bad news. However, the first red flag Aria got from them was when she stepped out her room and saw them all sprawled on the couches, eating the dish she had Salaha make for her.

Aali had stepped out earlier, she didn't ask where he went to and neither did he give her an explanation. He seemed to be busy lately.

"Uhm...excuse me? You are?" She tried to sound as polite as she could be, despite every nerve in her screaming at her to yell. She even plastered a fake smile for them.

But all she got was a simultaneous hiss from the three girls before they continued talking and exclaiming, then laughing at whatever nonsense they were spewing in Hausa.

Aria took in a deep breath, then lightly tapped one of the girl's shoulders to get her attention. The girl was quick to slap Aria's hand off her shoulder with a force that left Aria's hand tinging from the sting.