CH31; HIS WIFE.

Aria finally returned back to her chamber after spending about three hours in the main kitchen helping around with a contented grin masking her features. She had done what she went there to do and she is sure IyaZulai loves her without a doubt.

Gaining the woman's love wasn't the only thing that took her there though. If the woman is as good as Salaha claims she is, then Aria would give it an hour before a new gossip spread round the palace.

And it certainly will not be about her.

That thought alone had Aria's grin returning on her face. She made her way over to the bedroom, taking off the veil in the process as she made her way over to the en-suite so she could perform ablution and pray. It was already time for Asr prayer.

After she was done saying her salah, she folded the prayer mat and kept it aside. Making her way to the walk in closet she shares with her husband, she started making a mental note of which outfit to change into. As much as she loved the atampha, she wanted to wear something more comfortable.

Just as she had been doing for the past week, she ended up in one of Aali's hoodies and sweatpants which she had to pull the strings to fit her. It was still a bit longer, but she made it work.

She picked up a random novel that she had gotten from the Book bar which was delivered to her a few days ago. She loved the fact that they deliver anywhere in the country. Besides, the packaging was also impeccably done. That was one of the reasons why she ordered from them to begin with because it was honestly too pretty to pass up on.

Settling on the chaise lounge fixated by the window, she sipped her coffee which she had gotten after she had changed and started reading the novel, His Halaal Wife by Fatima Baba Gujbawu. Maya once told her something about the first book, and from the snippets she had heard about, she didn't waste a second getting the soft copies once they were published.

She was honestly proud to say she's one of the first few people to have the honor of reading the book in paperback. Amidst wallowing in worries, she had read the first book, and now that she has a feeling things would turn out well for her, she knew it was the perfect time to read what life has in store for Najib, Zainab and Fatima.

Before she knew it, the time for Magrib came. She placed the book which she was close to ending aside, then prayed. Afterwards, she returned back to her position and forced herself to finish the book before the time for Isha came.

And by the time she was done, it was safe to say that she was out of words. She literally had no words for the plot twists that she encountered while reading the book. Bottom line, it had her flabbergasted.

She placed the book back where she picked it from and prayed Isha once she heard the adhan being called. Afterwards, she made her way into the closet to get something to cover her hair with when she noticed something on the floor, beside Aali's clothing.

Her brows drew in as she crouched low to pick up what seemed to look like a picture. Turning it around, her eyes fixated on the two figures that were smiling in the picture. And once her gaze moved to the person standing beside Aali, she found herself dropping on the cold floor with eyes widened.

Her lips parted as she tried to make sense of what she just saw, but nothing added up. Without a doubt, her eyes saw correctly but that didn't change the fact that she was too stunned to react.

Her eyes flickered to every corner of the picture, trying to spot anything that would make everything sensible, but she found nothing. Remembering that she saw something written on the back of the picture, she quickly turned it around to see the date scribbled on it.

The day didn't ring up anything, but the month and year did.

It was taken three years ago; about the time her life went haywire.