CH37; HER.

"Adda, there's a call for you"

Queen Zara moved her gaze to her sister who stood beside her, uncomfortably shifting on her feet. The glare her sister sent her had her wishing she had kept her mouth shut. But it was an important call, and the woman has to answer it. Queen Zarah let out a long, harsh breath, before turning around. "Reject it" She said through gritted teeth.

"I can't" Came her sister's voice, "I've already answered it" She had to. This person is a very important person to their plans. He had been helping them for long enough so he's not someone she can ignore.

Queen Zara turned around to glare at her sister again, hands akimbo. "I said reject it" She repeated, her words slow so it would sink in her sister's head.

"But it's--"

"My my, Your Highness" Came a voice from the other end of the call. She had put the call on speaker and the very minute his voice came, Queen Zara recognized who it was. "I don't think it'll be wise of you to start rejecting my calls now"

Queen Zara snatched the phone out of her sister's hand, throwing the two a glare. "Leave" Just one word, and they were gone in the blink of an eye. But she wasn't convinced even then. So, she quickly made her way over to her room and locked the door, before removing the call off speaker and bringing it to her ear. "Hello"

"Your Highness" He acknowledged. "I'm sorry to say but I happen to overhear the conversation between you and your...son" He chuckled slightly. His call came while Aali and her were talking. And Muneer's mother didn't think twice to move closer to the scene so he could hear their conversation. At least, the part that were audible. "Sad to say, the boy no longer respects you" He tutted.

She fisted her hand tightly to the point that she could feel her nails digging into her palm painfully. "How much did you hear?" She kept her voice calm, compared to when she was speaking to her sister and Aali. But she knew she needed to thread carefully with him. He is a big asset to her plan.

Maybe even bigger than Muneer since the man is proving to be a useless person. Aali is always one step ahead of him.

The man hummed, "I heard enough to know that he just declared war on you" He chuckled. He has been wondering when the Prince will finally start showing his true colors. Acting like a clown was starting to get old.

It was about time he showed them what they are up against. Not that he didn't know of it yet.

She hissed under her breath, "That ungrateful boy!" She exclaimed, "After everything I did for him" She then scoffed, as she started to pace round the room. "I basically raised him since he was a child!"

"Well even if you did that, you still tried to have him killed" He stated as a matter of fact.

"Because I need Muneer to be the next Calipha, not him"

"And he will be" He assured her.

She shook her head, still unconvinced. "But you heard what he said to me, right? If that boy gets the throne, then we are done for"

"No" The man on the other side tutted, "You are done for, not me. He only knows about you, but nothing about me"

She chuckled humorlessly, throwing her head back. When she spoke again, she kept her voice low so the threat would ring loud to him. "And you think I'll just let you get away scot-free?" He must be delusional to assume that, "If I fall, I'll drag you to the darkest pits of hell with me"

Instead of pleading with her to protect him, or cowering back, he only chuckled. "Go ahead Your Highness. I dare you" His voice came out calm, as he wasn't fazed by her words one bit.