CH6; CLOWN HEIR.

Complete book currently available on Okadabooks! Only preview chapters will be available here.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

A group amongst the council members met in the house belonging to their head where they usually have their closed off meetings. Their leader's house is a big mansion that he had built decades back. It wasn't a surprise that he is the first amongst all the council members to own nearly as much power as that of the Royals.

Keyword; nearly.

That to say doesn't mean he stands a chance against overthrowing them. He can't do that no matter how many times he had tried—which was a lot. He fails every single time.

So, he opted for gathering council members who have the same interest as him. They all trust him, despite not knowing his failed attempts, they knew he has the will to take over the throne. And at the rate they are currently, that might just be soon.

Seated in the walloping meeting room in the man's house are five council members. Amidst them are trays of fruits, refreshments, and food enough to make a commoner salivate. The scent alone is enough to have one's stomach grumbling.

One of the men who had taken off his cap when he started eating much earlier huffed lowly, his hand resting on his thigh. "This won't remain hidden for long" He said, his voice low enough only for the four other men to hear.

Albeit they know that nobody in the man's house will ever betray them by ratting them out—it won't hurt to remain cautious; especially when discussing a topic like that.

The man seated beside him turned around to look at him, a mischievous smirk taking over his features. "It won't. I'll make sure the press speaks of it over and over. The Calipha can only ignore them for so long"

The others nodded in agreement.

The man then turned to look at their leader, the head of council members. "Alhaji Umar, what's your take on this?"

Umar glanced at the man, face stoic and shoulders sagged slightly—an indication that he couldn't care less about their plan. "Do whatever you want. Just keep in mind that this won't be enough to make the Calipha speak up. You should all know better"

The men exchanged looks between themselves before the man who spoke up first spoke again, "People are being killed in Hadewa randomly, and brutally. You think will ignore this?"

Another man nodded in agreement, "Exactly. The people are furious, how can he stay still when his subjects are being massacred like this. What kind of Calipha does that make him?"

"Or better yet, who is behind all these killing" Umar muttered lowly, brows drawn in deeply.

The men, stunned, stared at him with wide eyes.

"Aren't you behind this?" One of them asked.

This made Umar stare at him with lips tugged down into a deep scowl. "Of course not. I want the throne not people's lives" He shook his head. He would do anything to get the throne but killing innocent people in the Caliphate is out of the equation. At least, that is what he is making them believe at the moment.

While the Calipha ignores the massacre, he takes time to visit the houses of those grieving so he could offer his condolences and something to get them through. The people of the Caliphate see him as a savior.

A hero.

The four other men have the same question running through their head when he said that.