CH7; ACQUIANTANCE.

Complete book currently available on Okadabooks! Only preview chapters will be available here.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

"Hey...you okay there?"

Hudayya was replied with nothing but silence as Aria continued her actions—almost in a trance-like form. At first, Hudayya didn't give much thought to the girl's actions but now, it's a bit scary seeing her like that.

What's scarier is that the girl doesn't seem like she will snap out of it any time soon.

Aria, who undoubtedly is stuck in her own mini trance continued scrubbing the nonexistent blood on her hands—her long nails, which she had trimmed only recently, painfully drawing out blood from her hands; leaving long thin lines of broken skin but she doesn't seem to care.

The running faucet continued to wash away the bits of blood she keeps drawing out because of her scrubbing. Foams from the hand wash running down the drain along with the used water.

When they came over to the restroom to collect themselves after what they just witnessed, Hudayya mistook Aria's actions as a way of reacting due to the shock. Even though Hudayya had been witnessing these accidents a lot more than necessary for it all to be accidental these days, it still baffles her all the time.

Why are people encountering such fatal accidents now?

This thing only started the day Aali returned, and almost every day Hudayya goes out, she encounters another dead body of a Hadewa fellow being carried away by paramedics.

It's traumatizing really.

So, she got where Aria is coming from that is...until now.

Watching the undoubtedly Non-Nigerian scrub the blood that no longer exists on her hands over and over again makes Hudayya doubt whether Aria had ever encountered such event before that has to do with blood.

It must be so traumatizing for Aria to react in such way.

"Hey..." Hudayya who stood only a couple of feet away from Aria called out, softly to see whether Aria would turn.

But, just like all the other times she called her up, she was ignored.

Hudayya stepped closer to Aria, placing both her hands on the woman's shoulder she lightly jerked her away from the faucet seeing as Aria has no intention of doing so.

The girl keeps hurting herself.

It was that jerk from Hudayya that made Aria finally start to regain her senses. And it was only then did Hudayya notice Aria's teary eyes. Hudayya's spectacles covered eyes soften, a small, barely noticeable sigh escaping her parted lips.

"You okay?" Asked Hudayya, eyes roaming over Aria's face.

Aria who had been staring at Hudayya's face while trying to get back to her complete senses blinked when the woman's words sinks in. She stepped back, moving away from Hudayya as she blinked, "Yeah..." She muttered, blinking furiously to clear her glossy eyes.

Hudayya's brows drew in, not believing Aria, but she decided to not say a word regarding it. She simply nodded, and turned around to turn off the faucet. By the time she returned her gaze to Aria, the woman is already leaning on a wall to support her weight.

The event that just occurred really did take a lot out of her. She hasn't felt such way in so long.

Aria glanced at the marks on her hands, then she shook her head—gulping hard as she avoided Hudayya's questioning gaze. She didn't have to look at the girl to know what look she's featuring. She had been the similar situation before to know how it works.