CH14; HOME.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

It happened as expected.

After Eric and his men raided the dinner, it got ruined for everyone—especially for the bride that couldn't stop holding her husband's hand tight. She was scared to say the least. She had seen what Eric could do before to people he 'suspects' and she fears being the victim on his cruel sadistic list.

She doesn't know what she would have done without her sister appearing. She had no idea why Eric is after her. Unlike the others in the family, she's no lawyer.

Besides, how can he suspect her of being the one behind what happened? It affected her as much as it did to everyone in the family.

He's obviously targeting her, but why?

To anyone who knows the case, it is really stupid to blame her for it. She couldn't have any motive for it. She's innocent and a victim in it all too.

Although some people weren't particularly happy with the event being called off, they had no choice but to follow the orders seeing as it came from the Queen. No one could go against her, not with the look she's sporting on her face.

It's that 'don't mess with me' look.

That to say didn't mean they did not throw curious glances at the Attorney that marched in her glory and put Eric to shame. They had heard stories about Maya's sister, but haven't met her aside from those that went to deliver the bridal gifts.

They also have no idea she's married to Aali, since the news is only known in between the Prince, the Calipha, Amadu, and a couple of men the Calipha trusts most. That was all. No one else knew, not even the Queen.

She made her way over to the bride once the people started dispersing out. Her guards provided space for her to head towards the bride smoothly who was surrounded by her family. Fahad, Muneer and Aali stood talking to Muneer about the security. Muneer hadn't let go of his wife's hand one bit despite the fact that he was talking to his friends while she is talking to her sister.

When the Queen arrived, she placed a hand on Maya's shoulder. "Let's go together, I won't rest knowing you aren't safe"

Maya's lips curled into a small smile as she nodded slightly. Despite the Queen not being her mother in law, she had been treating her better than her real mother in law has been. Speaking of which, she's sure the woman has left without caring whether she's in safe hands or not.

In simple words, the woman hates her for reasons she's unaware of.

"Muneer, let's go" The Queen moved her gaze to him, who also nodded. Her gaze fell on Aali, who gave her an assuring smile that stated he will fare well on his own. She didn't have to worry about him. If there's one person that can handle himself better than everyone there, it's him.

The next person her gaze met was that of Maya's parents. She offered them a warm smile, reaching her hand out to hold Maya's mother's hands. "Don't worry, I promise, I'll take good care of her"

Maa offered the Queen's hand a small squeeze, "Thank you" She smiled back. "I feel better knowing my daughter is in safe hands"

Abu nodded, a small smile on his face that signifies he agrees with what his wife just said. He didn't have to say it since she did. Besides, his worries simmer down knowing his daughter is in good hands.

With that little exchange over and done with, the three bid the others farewell and made their way out.

Maa turned her gaze to Aria who stood beside her, "You should go too" She said, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder.