CH45; TO LOVE, AND TO CHERISH.

That was not how Aria expected the argument to go.

Maybe a couple of more yells here and there, and at the end she will still drag her stubborn self and her suitcase to the airport so she can return home and help her parents. Then afterwards, she'll deal with whatever comes up.

But not this.

This is Aali playing unfairly. And as much as she was furious with him at the moment, it was a moment of weakness.

A totally unexpected weakness that had her toes curling, and eyes flickering close. Her hand that held the phone let it go, dropping somewhere she will care later but not at the moment. A hand clutched the material of his jellabiya tight, while the other somehow found itself wrapped around his neck, in between the locks on the nape of his neck.

Honestly, if it wasn't for his hand that held her firmly by the waist, keeping her close to him, her knees would've definitely given out on her. His soft lips moved against her plump ones, slowly, which is a huge contrast to what she would've expected due to the earlier action.

Perhaps, if she wasn't so enthralled by it, she would've pushed him away and cursed him for distracting her, but Aali had taken that little bit of rational sense left in her.

That's what he always does.

At a certain point, he hoisted her lips as she had injured her leg long enough by walking around stubbornly and standing on it for long. Her legs wrapped around his waist, while his lips moved from hers down her jaw, then to her neck nibbling the skin there while her hold around him tightened.

He was moving, Aria was aware of that. And when her back hit the bed, she knew they had reached their destination. Hovering over her, he lightly pulled the piece of clothing hiding her bruised neck down, before kissing the still very purple skin.

Aria would deny this the day afterwards, but the action subdued the pain there for that moment. Her mind was hazy, the only thought occupying it, this man she calls her husband.

Aali rose his head up, to meet her gaze. He placed one of his hands on her face, caressing the soft flesh while the other slipped under her sweater, tenderly stroking the flesh there but never moving higher. "Stay with me" He muttered. His eyes taking in every feature on her face as if it's the last time he will see it.

Aria flickered her eyes open, "Huh?" It sounded like he said something, but she clearly couldn't remember what since her mind wasn't there.

Aali smile, leaning down again to pull her in for another osculate, and this time around, she could feel his smile against her lips. Just as she was a bit too indulged in it, he pulled away making her throw him a glare. He chuckled again. "Stay with me" He repeated, his gaze flickering from her now swollen lips to her eyes that were clouded with thought he's sure his are mirroring. "Don't go anywhere"

"You're being unfair" She mumbled, her hand that was on his neck lightly stroking the hair there.

"I'm being rational" He corrected. His gaze flickered to the bruise on her neck that's now bare for him to see. The action made him gulp, as he felt his earlier anger resurfacing and as if reading his mind, she massaged the place her fingers were caressing, snapping him out of the thought. "I don't want you hurt, at least not if I can help" He leaned down and placed a couple of feathery kisses there before pulling away completely.

Sitting up straight, he held her hand and pulled her up on him. Surprisingly, she didn't oppose and instead quietly settled on his lap, both her hands now on his neck while his, holding her close to him.

The thoughts clouding her mind had disappeared, along with the anger she felt towards him. It was still there, but low enough that she can speak to him now rationally, and vice versa.