CH12; THE LAWYER.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

Two weeks.

It's been two weeks since Aria left Nigeria for work. Maya's wedding has already started. The nikah was done earlier and finally, it was time for the dinner—the last event.

No one has heard from Aria though in about a week. She hasn't replied to any of their messages or said anything to them. She was supposed to be back and attend Maya's wedding right from the beginning but they can't reach her—no one can.

Since she left the country, she had only spoken to the family twice. The first time being about five days after she left when she suddenly called and agreed to marry Aali on one condition—given the nikah would be done that same day and that there will only be a couple of people that know about the wedding.

Her family were stunned to say the least considering her reaction when she heard about Aali's proposal. Given, her father didn't accept it and left the choice to her—with no pressure. It's marriage we're talking about; they can't just decide that for her. Plus, Aali and Aria had only met once as far as they know.

Thus, it's only right they left her to make the choice herself. Besides, none of them ever thought she would accept the proposal—not even in their wildest dreams.

So, to say they were surprised when she accepted it would be an understatement. She only gave them her conditions and said if the Royals agree, then she has given her full consent to the marriage.

Her father had to ask her over again if she really wants it—yet she didn't change her decision one bit. When he asked why she agreed, she said nothing to him so he eventually dropped it.

They informed the Royals about it and that same day, the knot between Aali Bin Bello II and Aria TayyuSafwan was tied with only a couple of people there to witness it.

Aside from the Calipha, Hudayya and Amadu, no one else in the family knows about the marriage. Even Hudayya doesn't know the bride, she was only informed by Aali that he had gotten married.

That to say doesn't mean Aali and Aria had spoken since they are officially announced Husband and Wife. Just like the others, Aali couldn't get a hold of her. It was like she had disappeared from anywhere they could possibly reach her.

The only certainty they have is that she is in Turkey. Other than that, they have no idea where.

Frankly speaking, Aali was worried. But, he is well aware of how she can take care of herself. After all, he is well aware of the things she had done before—the facts that she doesn't bother to hide anyways. He didn't dig into something she wouldn't want him to know. He can find out if he wants, but he wants to respect her privacy.

She called her parents again two days after the wedding to let them know that she is alright and safe. Just like the first time, she told them to trust her and that she would come back when she's done.

They did trust her, knowing she can handle herself. Despite being the youngest in the family, she had proven times without number to be the strongest. She handled herself better than them all—her parents included.

Of course, they told her to contact Aali and her reply was that she would. She didn't though. She couldn't yet.

Maya was beyond sad to not have her sister there with her to celebrate the most important moment of her life. Times without number, she yearned for her sister to be there with her but she knew whatever is keeping Aria occupied has to be important.

The dinner is the last event where almost everyone in the royal family attended—with the exception of the Calipha, and the male elders that is. Some couldn't make it to the other events, but the dinner is more like a way to welcome Maya officially into the family so they all made sure to be present—ranging from the people genuinely happy to welcome her into the family and the others who aren't.