CH35; THE BEGINNINGS.

Aria had heard of the East Wing before, but only that no one is allowed to speak of it. Even then, it was only while passing by it did she notice the number of guards in front of the chamber. From their number to how they all stood, it was impossible not to draw attention to themselves.

It was one of the days when Aali had been poisoned, and Aria had stepped out to get some fresh air when they walked by the path. Unlike the other chambers, the East Wing was sort of secluded. Aria still is unaware of how big the palace is and how many chambers there were considering she is yet to go around the whole place. All she could tell is that it's big.

Huge would fit in more.

Nonetheless, Aria could still remember how their conversation went vaguely.

"Salaha, what's that place?" Aria asked, pointing at the East wing. She had been to the Calipha's chamber before, and so knew that even his place doesn't have this much guards.

Salaha's eyes followed Aria's line of sight before they widened slightly. She thenswallowed hard, her eyes widening slightly. "That's the East Wing" She whispered almost too low, Aria was barely able to make out her words.

"What?"

Salaha moved her gaze away from the guards quickly, scared that if she stared for too long she might get in trouble. She then placed her hand on Aria's arm, pulling her away from the place gently. Once out of earshot, she spoke again; her voice low. "That is the East Wing" She repeated, though making sure only Aria could hear her.

Aria's brows furrowed, "What's that?" She has never heard of a place named like that in the palace. It was always addressed as the owner's chamber. "Why is it named that?" She asked again.

Salaha who barely knew anything regarding it shrugged. "I don't know honestly. But from what I've heard, it was named that after the incident twenty-fiveyeasr ago" That was a rumor she heard from other maids when they all return to their rooms to sleep. A couple of the maids who dared, talk about the East Wing every chance they get though they make sure no one hears them.

But she did. Yet she never showed it for the fear of her own life.

The girl's words intrigued and confused Aria more. A crease formed between her brows as she tilted her head to the side slightly. "Twenty-five years back?"

Salaha nodded, her eyes snapping to Aria's.

"Why...what happened then?" Aria knew it might be pointless to ask the girl that, considering not even she was born then. Yet, she hoped Salaha heard something about it.

Salaha released a shaky breath, before she looked around to make sure no one is staring at them. Once she is sure, she leaned closer to Aria and whispered. "Apparently, that was when the Calipha's first wife died"

Aria pulled away from her, eyes wide as saucers. The Calipha's first wife? "That means..." Her voice came out barely above a whisper.

Salaha nodded, already knowing what is on Aria's mind. "Yes. Queen Zarah is his second wife"

Aria blew out a low, shaky breath. That is news. She had never heard about it before, not from anyone.

"But" Salaha was quick to add, "No one is allowed to speak of her or the East Wing. It's strictly forbidden!"

"Not even Aali?" She was hoping otherwise, then maybe she can ask him of it when they are closer. It's not like she has anything that concerns her with it, but she knows that it might just help with her case. Who knows?