CH11; THE CROWN PRINCE.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

Meeting a person once is chance. Twice is a coincidence. Thrice is fate.

Whosoever said that has no idea what life is clearly. You can meet a person a thousand times and it still won't mean a thing—based on the type of relationship you share that is.

Relationships; the one thing Aria had been avoiding for as long as she could remember.

Of course, you'd think there's no need to have such thoughts at the moment, right? However, there are certain situations that a person would be in, and you'd start to imagine the worst case scenario. Yes, this is that worst case scenario for Aria.

It's like meeting your crush. After exchanging the first few words, your brain would already be planning your wedding and life together.

This time around, Aali isn't a crush to Aria but a person that might turn out to be something similar. At least, that's what she thinks. It wasn't her fault for having such thoughts though, there are so many things that could go wrong.

Right from their first encounter, the relationship they have now, the one they might have at the moment and from then henceforth.

Could she afford that? Not to forget he's a Prince—the root of the royals that she had been trying to avoid.

"No, I'm just overthinking this" Aria mumbled, blowing out a breath that carried the words away.

"What was that?"

Aria whipped her head to the side, gaze falling on the man that she had forgotten is beside her. Her eyes didn't miss the small smile plastered right across his face.

They had all decided to give the engaged some space to themselves. Abu and Maa went upstairs while Aria and Aali headed out—based on Aali's request. Aria would've directed him to the other, slightly smaller living room but he wanted to go outside and wait.

Aali had his reasons. Once glance at Aria when she came down and he could tell there is something troubling her. She had hidden it well; he couldn't have detected it if not that she's so much alike Hudayya. And whenever Hudayya is doing that, he takes her out for some breathing and alone time.

And just as expected, Aria appreciated it though she didn't know his real reason for asking her outside. It has been over five minutes since they stepped out yet Aria hasn't said a word to him—too occupied by her thoughts to even remember that she has company.

It wasn't until he heard her mumble something did he decide that she was ready to speak. And it was until then did she remember his presence.

"Oh...I'm sorry about that" She knew she shouldn't zone out on him since he's a guest but she couldn't help it. She's usually composed but at the moment, she just has so many thoughts on her mind.

He shook his head, his small smile still there. "It's okay. You seemed a bit lost there"

Lost? Aria thought in her head. Lost won't even cut it. Instead of answering, she shrugged slightly. She had no words to reply to what he just said. It isn't like she could explain to him how far her thoughts went or what she had just found out.

Aali watched as she stared at nothing in particular. Only the sound of her breathing in and out as she tried to calm herself was heard. If it was Hudayya in that situation, he would've known what to do.

However, the woman standing beside him isn't his sister. So, he has to think of other ways to get her mind off that.

When the first thought crossed his mind, he didn't think twice before saying it—wanting to see her reaction. "Do you want to elope together?"