CH21; FT. HUDAYYA.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

Aria returned to her chambers fuming. She could not understand how those women live with their consciousness after treating people like that. And she most definitely did not understand how the Queen would just sit there and not say a word about it.

The woman made no move to stop the girl from leaving when she did so.

So much for sucking it up and dining with the devil.

She headed back to her chamber alone as Salaha had not accompanied her due to the Queen's strict orders. And aside from the girl, no other was assigned to the Princess. She didn't mind though, she preferred the silence that enclosed her as she trailed back to her place, lost in her thoughts that somehow managed to simmer her anger down.

When in the confines of the chambers, the Prince was not yet back and neither was Salaha in sight. The only familiar person she sawalong with guards in front of the chamber was Amadu, Aali's personal guard whom the Prince had stay back to protect his wife after a very long argument.

It was the first time in over a decade that the Prince is going somewhere within the country without him. It took Aali, a very stern order to Amadu to have him stay back and protect the Princess for even the Prince is yet to determine who the real villain in the Caliphate is.

And he does not plan on taking any chances with her.

Deciding that she has only one way of calming herself down, Aria changed out of the suffocating outfit into a random raven jeans and top she had pulled out from her closet. Picking up her Macbook and folders, she sat perched in the living room's one of the numerous couches going through the real reason she was there in the first place.

She knew it was risky to come out and work on that particular case out in the open in a place like the living room, but she was sure no one would come in. Aali wasn't set to return for a couple of hours more, so, he is out of the equation. Amadu wouldn't dare step in without an extremely valid reason, and even then, he would announce his presence first. That brings the topic back to Salaha, who couldn't read nor write so she wouldn't understand a word.

Besides, Aria highly doubted any of the royals, or the Queens would visit her. It was close to impossible.

So she put on her reading glasses and went on with work. From the short exchange she had with the Royals, she had ruled out the people that were most likely to be the suspect.

She couldn't make a hasty decision yet though, for she had to meet more higher-ups to fully grasp the situation in hand.

About an hour into her work, there was an announcement made that had her brows drawing in deeply; and lips, puckered.

"Her Highness, the Princess, is here"

Aria's thought drifted back to the royals. As far as she's aware of there was only one Princess—aside from Hafsa who got the title after marrying Hasnain of course.

The one Princess Aria knows is an acquaintance of hers. And she didn't have much time to close her papers when she saw the Princess standing a couple of steps away from her, like a ghost bolting out of a horror movie. Aria was surprised by how swift she had gotten in, and how she stood watching her.

Nonetheless, Aria blinked, then smiled at Hudayya who flashed her the smile back. "Hudayya, nice to see you again" She stood up, closing her laptop and gathering her belongings so the girl wouldn't see. "Please come in, sit"

Hudayya nodded, her smile genuine. As she made her way over to the empty space beside the couch Aria was occupying, her gaze fell on one of the papers Aria was hastily collecting. She had only about a five second glance at the paper before Aria closed it, along with every other folder that was on there.