CH19; HELL.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

There are certain situations where a person resorts to the very last thing they could think of doing in desperate situations.

The situation at hand wasn't exactly a desperate one, but Queen Zara would classify it as a lower version of that.

Aali visited her a couple of hours after the meeting she left midway. However, she refused to see him based on the strict orders she gave her chamber maids not to let anyone in, not even the Calipha—who was least likely to visit in those hours.

She was furious.

She was mad that he got married without her knowing. She was furious he chose to marry Aria out of any other woman—that being the biggest mistake he would ever make in his life. And she most definitely hated him knowing he has to have a motive behind the whole marrying Aria concept.

She raised that child, she knew him better than anyone; perhaps, not as accurate as she thinks, but she knows him that much. At least, she knows someone that knows everything about him.

She didn't hate him before, at least not that much. However, things have changed now since he decided to strike his cards against her. Or as much as she knows, he's just starting to do so.

So, she decided to play his game to. And what better way is that to make him believe she loves and adores his so called wife? He might not buy it, but it certainly will keep that façade up for the more time she needs to come up with a much more stable plans.

With that thought in mind, she got up the next day as usual and after having her breakfast, she headed over to the Prince's chambers. As per her discussion with the Calipha a couple of days ago, if she wasn't mistaken, Aali is supposed to be on a trip to a nearby State with the Calipha to talk Emirate affairs. They will be back later that day.

In simple words, he left his foreign wife all alone.

And she was determined on keeping the girl company. A company she sure won't be able to forget.

One glance at her, and the guards posted at the door were quick to open them for the Queen, announcing her arrival to the new maid who will work for Aria.

The seventeen-year-old Hausa girl was sitting with Aria in the living room, while the Princess have her breakfast when the announcement was made. She stopped her conversation midway, quickly attempting to stand up and not be seen with the Princess knowing the Queen would throw a fit.

However, Aria gave her a look that gestured for her to sit back—which the girl did meekly. Aria already had an annoyed expression the minute the Queen's name was announced, but somehow, she adroitly morphed her frown into a smile just in time the Queen came into view.

Pushing the platter of food aside, she stood up, dusting off the invincible dirt on her sweatpants she had on. That, along with the hoodie she picked up from her closet and the beanie—which she got from Aali's belongings—was all she had on.

The very first look she got from the Queen was that of disgust. Aria held back the internal scoff and still sported that smile that refused to waver. She anticipated the blabbering that would come from the woman about her dress up but fortunately, she got none.

Instead, the look the Queen had morphed into a smile similar to that of Aria's—both blatantly fake but look undeniably believable.

"Good Morning Baba. Antashi lafiya?" Aria said after she answered the salaam the Queen made. Her accent made the Hausa come out weirdly, earning her a slight chuckle from the woman that stood beside the Queen.