CH15; THREATS.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

"Don't call me that"

Aali chuckled. She had been saying that to him over and over since they got off the car. She rejects every single endearment he comes up with, and if he was being honest, he only kept listing it because he loved the reaction he got from her.

The guards that are situated by the door exchanged looks once they saw the Crown Prince and the unknown woman walk towards them. They exchanged curious looks between them, their gazes lingering on her for more time than necessary.

Moving their gazes from her to glance at Aali was the mistake they made, because they met with a glare that had them flinching back slightly. The man had always been friendly towards them. However, at the moment, he looks like he won't hesitate to strangle them if they as much as steal another glance at her.

There were invincible daggers thrown at them. And if they weren't careful, it would soon be real daggers.

They swallowed back whatever they had in mind and quickly pulled the door open for them. With a 'bismillah' and with her right foot, Aria stepped into the house after Aali. This time around, Amadu didn't step in. He remained rooted outside on the other end of the door, giving the two privacy.

Aria's eyes took the décor of the place, along with how most things were placed. She refrained herself from moving around and checking the place out. She will have time to do that later, when the annoying Prince isn't breathing on her neck.

They passed the living room and made their way—or more like she followed his lead—over to what she presumed is her room.

Yes, her room. There's no such thing as sharing a room obviously.

He twisted the doorknob, then pushed it open. He stepped aside, giving her space to step in. She did that without much hesitation, gaze already taking in the room where she will supposedly be staying.

"Is this my room?" She asked, already making her way over to the bedside cabinet and dropping her bag on it. She made a move to remove her wrist watch, turning around to glance at him.

"If by your room you mean ours, then yes" He made no move to move away from where he stood. Instead, he leaned back on the wall and crossed his arms.

Her lips tugged into a frown, brows drawn in like that of a furious cartoon character, "I'm sure this isn't the only room you have"

"It's not"

"Then what's the problem? I can take any other room if you so badly want this one" She took off her wrist watch, then reached her hand to pick up her bag again to prove her point.

"Yeah..." He shook his head, "No can do"

Her face turned blank, "Why not?"

"Because I promised to take care of you. I can't do that when you live across the world" They both know he's exaggerating, obviously, considering the room is opposite the one they are in.

If possible, her lips tugged into a much deeper frown. Her face sported a dead panned look, "Really, bro?"

He grinned. "Yeah, sis" He believes it's only fair he sis her if she bros him. That is what he calls gender equality.

She wanted to make a remark of what could possibly happen to her with the amount of security surrounding the chamber, but she refrained from it since it reminded her of her reason for being there. So, she held back that remark. "Fine, suit yourself" She dropped her bag again, this time around along with the wrist watch.