CH22; BULLSEYE.

HADEWA CALIPHATE,

NIGERIA.

Aria could tell at first glance why and where Hudayya took her too. If she didn't realize it quickly, the bows flying around the arena certainly did.

Archery.

Apparently, it's what Hudayya does to cool off some steam. In her words, "Since I can't actually kill the person, I aim for bullseye and pretend like it's the person. It's my form of relieving stress"

The secluded part they went to was empty, and the only person that Aria saw was Hudayya's instructor from whom she retrieved two bows, arrows, and everything else they would need. Once they had gotten it, Hudayya lead them to the range where they took their respective spots.

As weird as it seems, Aria used to play archery back then. It has been long though, but she's sure she is still as good as before.

A part of her thought of what Hudayya's reaction would be to that she can actually play, because she assumed the girl would think otherwise. However, as she put on her gloves and picked up the recurve bow, Hudayya didn't react and she was glad the girl didn't notice the expression on her face.

A lump form in her throat but she pushed it back and blinked, tightening her grip on the bow handle. She placed the arrow on the bow, testing it.

Hudayya simply glanced at her when the woman didn't realize it. A small, barely visible smile forming on her lips before she turned around and did the same. However, unlike Aria, once she had gotten in her stance, she extended the arrow, and drew it. Once she had gotten her aim, she released.

A couple of second later, Aria's arrow went flying through the air and onto her target.

A grin took over Hudayya's features as Aria picked up her second arrow, then the third; both arrows hitting the target. "You're a natural" She commented, taking her second arrow.

Aria didn't look away from her target as she picked up another arrow, and nocked it. "Years of practice pays off I guess" She knew saying she's a natural would be a lie, she trained hard to learn it. Or at least, was forced to learn it. "You?"

Hudayya's grin widened, "Something like that"

No words were exchanged between the two women for the next couple of minutes, both immersed in hitting their targets. At a point, Hudayya took a break on one of the chairs situated a couple of feet behind where they stood while Aria continued.

Hudayya didn't miss how Aria shot her arrows; constantly, one after another with a ferocity that spoke volumes of the words she did not utter. At the moment, Hudayya could see the fed up anger Aria had in her which she hadn't uttered one bit.

It came to a point where she decided to speak up, "Was our first meeting really coincidental?" She asked, making Aria stop her movement. Hudayya had been meaning to ask that question since she found out her brother's relationship with the girl.

Aria turned around to look at Hudayya, her hands coming down as she heaved slightly. Her eyes took over the woman's features clearly, to spot any trace of lark. And despite the fact that there was a smile on her face, Aria could see anything but lark across her features. "Yes. Why'd you ask?"

Hudayya snickered slightly, reaching her hand out to pick a water bottle she brought with her. "I just find it odd that the woman I met on that fateful got married to my brother out of the blue" She took a gulp from the water bottle; before bringing it down. "But I find it weirder that of all people, it's you"

"Couldn't that have been a coincidence?"

"With you?" Hudayya rose a brow, her eyes never once leaving Aria's. For some odd reason, Aria didn't feel that feeling she always felt when Hudayya spoke like that. She didn't feel like there's no harm regarding her. If anything, it felt as though she could see right through her. And she is the first person to make her feel that way since she stepped into the palace as Aali's wife. "Never"