Garden in the Red Light District

I am Mila Rockheart. I am considered an enslaved Demi-Human and today is the day. Today is the day I am to be put back into the pool of Demies available for sale.

I think I have that name for more than one reason. Rockheart. I blow air harshly past my lips as I think about it again. One has to have a heart made of stone to survive in the Pits.

The tiny cage I am in has barely enough room for me to sit comfortably, let alone stand, and I am not short. I'm nearly five foot five. The pot I was given as a toilet needs changing and my clothes are filthy. I am still wearing the outfit I arrived in. That's usually the case between Showings though.

Around me on all sides are cages and cages of Demies. Every hybrid species imaginable is in here. From birds and mammals to reptiles and insects. They are in cages stacked in multiple rows of twenty across and ten high.

I'm kind of lucky to be on the top row this time. It means I won't be showered in piss or excrement and I won't have vomit or half-chewed food dropped on my head while I sleep either. At the same time, I'm also fed less, checked on rarely, and am hardly taken out for exercise.

I'm up here because that's where the Exchanged are placed once they make a full recovery. If they will recover. I got lucky there too. I wasn't even scratched by my last owner. No, this time I was exchanged because I wouldn't let him fuck me.

Despite what people say, Demies aren't just robots or monsters that will do everything they are told. We each have our lines we won't cross, just like everyone else. Me? I would rather die than be raped.

My last Master, Robert, or was it Randel? I can't remember. He only kept me for three days. He wanted to take my virginity. I said no and was ready to defend myself. He only brought me back and left with a different Demi.

I won't sleep with someone who treats me like property. Sure, I've sucked a few of my masters off before. I'm ok with that. I've even liked it a few times. I am also ok performing a few other sexual acts, too. I am twenty and it isn't wrong to enjoy giving and receiving pleasure. I will not, however, bring a baby Neko into this world just so they can be a slave. I'd rather have my tubes tied.

As all children born to Demi-Humans will be Demi-Human, even if one of their parents is a "Pure" or all human, that only leaves me two paths.

Abstinence or death. I won't settle for less.

Because Demies are categorized as pets, they don't call this slavery. Most Pures don't anyway. They think it's the same as purchasing a dog from a shop on the corner.

We Demies know the truth. We know we are property. It's either accept being someone's slave or die and I want to live.

We also know we are human. How else would it be possible for Demies to get pregnant with Pures? With no birth defects? It's because we're still human.

My thoughts are ripped back to the present when I hear the lift start up. Every Demi in the room falls silent. We know this means some of us are being moved. We aren't supposed to know the day we are being moved until it comes. But I know it's my turn, and I am pretty sure I know where I will end up too.

I have been through this enough times to have learned. Forty-five days. A perfectly healthy Demi will be pulled out of the Pits and moved to a Garden, a Den, a Brothel, or Labor Services after forty-five days.

How do I know any of this? It's simple. I've kept count every time I've been in the Pits. As for where we are sent, that is explained to all first timers.

Only Demi-Women who have had at least one child are legally allowed to be sent to a Brothel, so I'm safe there. The only exception are females who are rare hybrids. As Nekos have the highest population amongst Demies, I am disqualified. They are less restrictive towards males in this regard though.