Lost and Found

It's been over a week since Mila ran off. The morning after she left, I found myself waking up on Isabelle's couch. I woke up before her so I made breakfast and went home shortly after.

She wanted me to take her to bed. It was obvious and we were drunk. I chose not to sleep with Isabelle, however. Part of me still kicks myself for it, but I'm not sure what I want. She's nice and very beautiful, but...

I shake my head clear of those thoughts as I push the door to my apartment open. The sense of isolation crashes down upon me again as I look around the empty living space. I still expect to see a pink tail swishing around or beautiful eyes watching me curiously, despite so many days passing.

Since my day of searching and my night out, I've fallen into the familiar rhythm I had been in before I purchased Mila. I get up, go to work, then return home. Rinse and repeat. Dread and loneliness drown me at the end of every cycle. Today is no different.

My phone begins to vibrate in my pocket. I hang my keys by the door, pull it out, and check the bright screen. Isabelle is calling, the selfie she took after the bar taking up a third of my screen. I sigh and click ignore. What am I supposed to say? Sorry, I'm too busy thinking about my slave who ran off to deal with you?

No. It's easier to not even engage until I'm in a better headspace. She deserves for me to be able to speak to her clearly. I set the phone on the counter and sit on my couch.

With a click of the remote, a slice appears in my wall and the panels move aside revealing an average seventy-five inch flat screen. For a while, I flip through the channels.

Sports changes to a news broadcast about the Demi Boom expected to hit our city in the next month. The reporter changes into cartoons, followed by a documentary and five or six stations showing commercials. The romance channel turns into the cooking channel, then more sports, then porn, then more movies, and finally an infomercial channel passes by.

I pause. Then I cycle back until I see a beautiful blonde woman with full luscious breasts taking a huge penis from behind. Her orbs rock forward quickly with each thrust and she moans seductively.

I try. I try to get hard and play with myself. Maybe some release will take my mind off things. All is for not, however. Even when a sexy brunette woman joins the couple, her glorious clit being attacked by the blonde's tongue while she plays with her own nipples, I still remain soft and disinterested.

The only time I feel a slight stiffening is when a brief flash of Mila crosses my mind. The brunette's top that is strewn across the chair reminds me of one of the outfits Mila had picked out a while ago. I instantly force the image away, do up my pants, and change the channel.

I surf more before watching a chick flick that just came off of a commercial break. I end up turning the whole TV off when the plot of the movie is revealed to be a scandalous love triangle between a woman, her boyfriend, and his Demi-Human. I close the display, set my remote down, and lay my head back on the cushion.

"Why? Why can't I get over this? She never wanted to be here in the first place." I say in frustration.

I let out a growl and head upstairs. Quickly stripping down, I hop in the shower after getting it as hot as I can stand. I soak in the water, letting it run over my face. Going through the motions, I start the same cycle of longing, anger, and loss all over again. I've had romantic relations last longer than our time together and never felt this way before.

"I'll just have to adjust." I sigh before actually cleansing myself.

I dry off and wrap up in a soft, dark blue bathrobe, and head towards the kitchen. I make it halfway when the buzzer sounds, someone in the lobby is asking to come up. I cross to the speaker box and press the button.