Work Party

I admit. I was disappointed when Mila tried to run. Not because she tried, but because I thought she was beginning to trust me. I guess giving me a blowjob wasn't a sign of trust. I am so stupid sometimes. She was just getting me to drop my guard.

The rest of that day is long and torturous. I'm only mildly surprised she doesn't try to run again when we were loading up the car with all the clothes we got for her. She even helps carry everything upstairs and asks if she could put them all away herself. That is the last time I see her until dinner.

We eat then hang out apart until I go to bed.

Standing before the coffee pot very early the next morning, I am kicking myself for not working with her more. The party is in twelve hours and I have no idea if she can do this.

Mila comes downstairs. I expected her to sleep late. She seems sheepish and afraid. She also looks stunning in the red maids uniform I bought her. It's an excellent choice for the party.

"Good morning, Pretty Kitty

"Good morning, Pretty Kitty. You look amazing." I say with a small smile.

Mila looks at me and blushes before walking past me to the stack of pancakes I have out for her.

I catch a small "good morning, Master" as she looks at the food. Then she looks at me and hesitates, her gaze worried.

I chuckle. "They are all for you."

I watch her face light up with surprise and joy before she grabs them and hurries to her spot. It makes me feel good and angry. I hope time will at least dent those automatic, fearful reactions.

"Mmm. These are yummy." She says and smiles after the first bite. I don't think she knows she said it out loud. This becomes even more apparent when she yelps and covers her mouth, looking at the table.

I fight a frown. It's precious that she has a child's joy when she experiences a small kindness or simple pleasure. I'm frowning because it means she's never really had that. I'm mad someone kept that from her.

The file that came with her says she's only been with Masters for five years. Before that, she was in a Meadow. That's the facility where children of Demi-Humans are sent if their parent's Master can't, or won't, keep them. It doesn't say when or how she got there. Are all children from these Meadows scarred like this? It makes me frown for real and I have to shove it away.

I walk to the edge of the table and say "Mila. I want to walk over there and pet your head. I have to leave for work and want to say goodbye." I feel silly saying it like this, but I don't want her to flinch if I touch her. I want her to know I don't want to harm her in any way.

She looks up at me with a puzzled look that turns to fear before going blank. She doesn't respond but she has stopped eating.

"Can I?" I ask.

Again. She looks confused. After twenty seconds, she slowly nods.

As I slowly walk around the table, I tell her exactly what I'm doing. "Ok, I'm right behind you. Here's my hand." I set my fingers right behind her ears very gently.