Forgive Me?

I wake up still laying in Jake's bed. The morning sun is bleeding through the curtains making sleep impossible. The covers are tucked around me and he isn't here. I sit up and stretch. I wince as pain makes me stop. I think one of my ribs is broken.

I look around the room. It hasn't changed since I last cleaned it. There's a note on the side table. I pick it up quickly.

"I'm off today. Get cleaned up and I'll make breakfast."

It brings a slight smile to my lips, which makes me wince again. I tenderly explore the area with my fingers. The skin around my eye and cheek is puffy. I have to look like a mess. The thought makes my ears slump.

I get out of his bed and cross to the bathroom for a shower. Peeling off the hoodie and shirt I've been wearing for over a week hurts. The dry blood cracks and takes some skin with it.

"Ouch." Escapes me in a hiss. The hot water stings too, but after a while, the pain dulls and the warmth is refreshing. After soaking, I scrub every inch of my body using Jake's soap. The normally flowery body wash I use was kept downstairs. I wonder if it's still there.

As I move to my old room, that probably won't be mine again, his scent reaches my nose. I smile softly at the memories it brings to mind. All the head scratches, comforting words, and fun times we shared makes my heart ache. He'll never let me stay here now. 

I push the door open slowly, closing my eyes as I reach for the light switch. After a moment I crack one eyelid and expect to see the room the way it was the first day I arrived here, sparse and made up into a guest room. What I see makes my heart race.

It's exactly how I left it. Right down to the very last detail, slightly messy with my clothes strewn around.  It's like he hasn't even walked in here. Why not? After what I did... My previous Masters would have cleared it all out. Then again, I never had a bedroom either.

I pick through the clothes and find something casual that wont press on my ribs. A baggy t-shirt and loose leggings work well and I head down the stairs cautiously. Each step hurts.

The aroma of Jake's cooking fills my senses and makes me smile again. Smells like sausage, eggs, and other delectable foods. As I reach the bottom of the steps, I see him. Jake has his back to me and he is working at the stove. Sizzling fills the air with cooking meat. He's wearing his off from work clothes. A t-shirt and shorts. He has a new apron on though. This one's blue.

I approach as quietly as I can and sit in my normal chair at the table. He turns, lifting the pan, and looks at me. The motion causes dread to fill me. The look he gives me doesn't lessen that feeling either. His look is flat, considering, almost apathetic.

"Good morning." He finally says before making two plates, setting one in front of me and the other across from me. Two glasses of orange juice follow. Then he sits and only looks at me.

"Good morning, Master." I finally say, picking up the fork and taking a bite of eggs. The spice and cheese taste wonderful. I catch movement and the sound of silverware on plate, telling me he is eating too. I can't bring myself to look directly at him.

Long minutes pass while we both pick at our food. Only once he's finished eating and has cleaned his side of the table does he speak again.

"Are you going to tell me where you've been and what happened to you?" His gaze is still flat.

I slowly nod, not meeting his eyes. If I do, that glacial gaze will cut me to the core. I won't cry in front of him. Again. I won't.

"I had to go." Is all I can manage despite all the things I want to say running through my mind. Like how much I missed him. Yet, I can't make more surface.