It's Up to You.

I'm in the living room, watching over Lucy as she cleans the last corner. It's taken longer to finish my chores today and I'm not mad. Okay, maybe a little. Mainly because I have to reclean everything Lucy touches.

I'm glad she's with us, but it's clear she was not a cleaning servant. Lucy is very attentive and can anticipate everyone's needs pretty easily. It screams personal body servant.

That would be fine, if Jake liked being waited on hand and foot. He doesn't. I have to beat him to a task or he does it himself. I've had to yell at him a time or two for doing my job. When she tries, he shoos her away more often than not. We need to find something for her that she will actually do. Something that doesn't make my job harder. At least she'll be great at the party.

When Lucy finishes wiping down the table, I get up and look it over. She missed the only water ring this table had. I know because I checked and gave her the easy side. I roll my eyes and wipe the glass surface clean.

After quickly looking everything over one last time, I put up the cleaning supplies and sit on the couch. Lucy is looking over the room, aimlessly wondering around. She stops to look over the city. The silence is heavy.

We don't know how to communicate any more. If anything, we have more in common now. I just don't know what to say to her and she's never really been a talker.

"Is he coming back on time this go around?" Lucy asks.

"I'm pretty sure. He said his boss told him to take the week off to plan for his launch party, so he should be." I answer easily. "As long as he isn't attacked again, at least."

Worry cramps my stomach. I don't want to see him like that again. His bruised ribs and the swollen spot on his head are not any more visible this morning than they were last night. That's not the problem. It's how he still has trouble focusing and thinking clearly. I know it's likely a concussion, and it is getting better, but that doesn't lessen my concern any.

"Yeah. I guess since Isabelle is with him, he should be alright. She seems pretty smart." Lucy says.

"Do you worry about Avery junior like this?" I ask.

"Pfft. No way." Lucy turns to look at me, amusement on her face. "Why worry about a Pure? Besides, where he's going, no one will worry about him."

The scorn in her tone and the glint in her eyes almost makes me flinch. Her words also make me think about my own concerns. Am I really worried about the Pure man who owns me?

"You're right." I shrug at her. "He did seem pretty abusive." I look away. Lucy's voice has me looking back at her quickly.

"And you're trying to say this Jake asshole isn't abusive?" In two strides, she's across the room and a finger traces my neck where the gold collar still rests. "How can that be true with one of these?" She huffs.

"Jake has never hurt me. I have this on because it helped him get into less trouble." I say defensively. "Once the sixty days are up, he'll take it off me."

"Mila. It's a shock collar. That you are wearing one at all is bad enough. That you defend it is worse. You saw what I had on. How do you know he will take it off?"

"Says the one who was willingly taking their Master's son's dick twice a day knowing how dangerous it was." I yell at her. It's like the flood gates open and filth spills out. "I get that you couldn't keep our promise, but willingly taking that risk..."

"I don't really give a shit, Mila. I never have." She rolls her eyes. Then her tone goes cruel. "Besides, I see the way you look at your "Master Jake". If you haven't hopped on that cock yet, you're dying to. I doubt he'll keep you if you don't. What are female Nekos good for if they won't fuck their Masters?"