Sweety

When Jake opens the door, a little, elderly lady is standing there. She's dressed in a white gown, has a fur shawl around her neck, and walks in with a cane. This has to be the woman Jake mentioned while he was cooking.

What grabs my attention is who walks in with her. A Neko steps up, three paces behind and to the woman's right. She has short white hair and blue eyes. Her outfit is also a maid's uniform but it isn't fancy and red like the one Jake bought for me.

"Mr

"Mr. Stone." The old woman says, sticking out her hand.

Jake grabs her hand gently and bows over it, placing a kiss on her knuckle. I've seen this before. It signifies respect and social order between Pures. It underlines why he specifically said what he did. I will do everything I can to keep this lady happy.

"Mrs. Steele. Welcome to my apartment. I trust you found it alright?" Jake's tone is different. He's more Pure like. I get lost in thought as I realize it.

After getting home the day before, I spent all day in my room.

My room.

I've never had a room before. Not since the Meadow and even then, my room was tiny. This one is more then I will ever need. I love it and I'm sad I have to leave it behind.

While I sorted the clothes into different places, a task that was fun and annoying in equal measure, I thought about my conversation with Isabelle.

I decided I will still escape, but I want to do everything I can for Jake while I'm here. He deserves that much and so much more. No matter how much I disobey, he doesn't punish me. The looks he gives makes me feel bad sometimes, but he never hurts me. He always gives me more than enough food and I have started to feel...safe here. That doesn't change what I have to do. Jake's boss's voice breaks me from my thoughts.

"I did. I see you went with a Neko. Excellent choice, Mr. Stone. She's so pretty too. I am sure my Buttons will love to spend some time with her."

I don't look at Jake's boss. I keep my eyes on her feet. I look up at the Neko when I hear the name she has. Buttons? Such a slap in the face. The Neko curtsies but keeps looking down too.

"I am sure Mila would enjoy that as well. Come, let's get you a bite and something to drink." Jake gestures to me as he says my name. It makes me shiver every time he says it. I haven't had someone call me that in many, many years.

My cheeks heat as I curtsy to Mrs. Steele.

"Oh, she is too cute." Mrs. Steele says before taking Jake's offered arm and he walks with her to the kitchen.

I hurry along. I notice Buttons reaching for a tray of food before I have the chance to do so. I smile at her. She smiles back. She serves her Master and I stand by Jake. It looks like this party won't be as bad as I thought.

Pretty soon, the apartment is full of Humans and Demies alike. I am so busy, I don't have time to do much else but pass out snacks and drinks, and that's with the help of multiple Demi servers.