Date Night

I'm sitting on the couch, waiting for Jake to get home. It's been a busy few days for him and I haven't seen him for more than a few hours at night, if that. Yesterday, Thursday, he didn't get home until after eight pm.

Today, he called the apartment to let me know he was on his way but would stopping for ingredients and booze. He said he would get me anything I wanted so I asked him to surprise me with food and Neko liquor. At least he will be home early tonight. He normally gets home at around five-forty. Today he will be home by three.

I was fine all day while Isabelle was over. Her company was reassuring. After she left, however, I started dwelling on tonight. Date night. After her comment of "sharing" Jake with me, I started to worry about it. What exactly did she mean by that? Is it possible? He's my Master and a Pure. All I am is a servant to him.

I shake my head clear when I hear keys in the door. Jake strolls in with his arms full of bags. I jump up and help him load it all into the kitchen.

"Thanks, Mila. I got way more than I intended." He pants when we're finished.

"What did you get for dinner?" I ask, my ears perking up as I go through the bags. There's a fresh slab of salmon. I hope it's for me. Salmon is my favorite, especially when Jake cooks it.

Jake chuckles. "yes, that's for you. This too." He sets a blue bottle on the counter. I scoop it up and read the label.

It says "Feline Fancy". Sounds like food for a pet cat. 

"It's a type of brandy made from things Neko like, apparently. You'll have to let me know if it's any good." Jake says, looking over my shoulder.

I set the bottle down and turn to him. He's standing rather close to me and doesn't move back when I turn to face him. His expression is unreadable. I gingerly set a hand on his chest and smile at him.

"We have enough time, Master. Should we get you cleaned up? A little release might be good before your date." I ask, teasingly.

Jake immediately steps back, looking away from me. He places his hand on my head and rubs gently. "As much as I like that idea, it's bad form to do things like that with someone else just before a date." He shakes his head. "No, I'll go get ready, alone. Would you stay here and put this stuff away? Get the indoor grill and pressure cooker ready for me? I have a lot of work to do before Isabelle gets here around five-thirty."

I nod. "Sure thing, Master. You can count on me." I force my tone to be light and cheery.

He raises one hand in acknowledgment as he heads upstairs. I watch him go, feeling disappointed. After he disappears from view, I get to putting everything away. Still, my mind keeps going to Jake and Isabelle. This is it. Their relationship starts tonight. They will have this date then end up getting married.

Before I realize it, I am standing in one spot, holding a tub of ice cream that starts dripping on the floor.

"Mila." Jake's voice cuts through my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

I feel the ice cream lift out of my fingers and I look up to see Jake looking at my face with concern. Thank the Gods I didn't get any on my maid's outfit. I only have this black one left that's clean.

Easily, I give him a smile and snag back the treat before stuffing in the freezer. "I'm great, Master. Just lost in thought. What should we do next?"

He nods carefully. "Uh huh." He looks skeptical. I watch his thoughts change slowly and his face shift to a small smile. He rolls up the sleeves the nice shirt he's wearing. "Let's get cookin'"

I giggle and join him in the kitchen. One thing I enjoy most about living with Jake isn't just his cooking. It's also how he teaches me what he's doing as he does it. That's if I'm awake when he is. I could probably make half of his usually recipes. Not nearly as good as him, but I could.