Different Masters

As soon as the door closes, I break down into tears still sitting on Jake's desk. He doesn't trust me. I'm not really surprised, but it still hurts.

I don't understand what difference it makes whether or not we have sex. He has already been intimate with me in so many ways, far more than any Master I have seen. The Masters I have known only cared about one thing, their own pleasure. Jake isn't like that at all.

Isabelle explained it to me recently. She thinks the reason it took Jake so long to ask her out was that he could sense how badly she wanted him. She said that for a man like Jake, actually having sex with a woman, having the chance of getting her pregnant, is more sacred than someone rubbing one out for him. It's a different bond for him. I still don't understand. None of the other Pures I've known have ever thought like that.

I don't know what's worse. That I feel like my heart has been ripped into little pieces knowing Jake doesn't trust me, or that I have a major sense of relief washing through me because he didn't fuck me. Am I glad he said no, or devastated?

I smooth my dress back over my knees and kick off my high heels as I force the emotions away. I need time to process everything. At least Jake allowed me to stay behind. Being around a crowd would make sorting through my thoughts impossible.

I walk around for a while, examining the room. Other than the room's natural decoration, the only piece of furniture is Jake's desk. The room is spacious and has long, paneled blinds blocking out the moonlight. The room is elegantly renovated, with a tiny chandelier and gracefully carved, wooden runners.

I let my imagination run wild with all the ways Jake might decorate the nearly empty space. It helps me calm down and begin to think about everything calmly. At least, as calmly as I can in this situation.

A rattling sound draws my attention to the door. The party can't be over already. There is no way. A familiar voice coming through the heavy wood makes my blood freeze.

"Jake Stone. Are you in here?" Brandon says in a sickly sweet tone.

I catch my breath and hold completely still. There are windows on each side of the door, but more blinds hide me from Brandon's gaze.

"Guess I'll just have to find out the hard way," Brandon yells. He bangs on the door and tries to force it open. After he fails a few times, he yells again. "Come on, little kitty. Jake made me ruin my Neko, now it's my turn to ruin his."

A moment of silence is followed by a loud thud.

I move to hide behind Jake's desk as I search the room. There is no other door out of here. My eyes land on the closet, the thin door hanging open. Maybe that will slow him down.

Fear makes adrenaline course through me. I make it to the closet just as I hear another loud thud and the cracking of wood.

I hold back a yelp and I swing the door shut behind me. I feel around frantically, but the door doesn't lock and the closet is empty save for a small shelf over a bar. Maybe under the desk would be better.

I stand with my claws extended. I hate the idea of hurting a Pure and being taken from Jake because of it, but I will not let Brandon touch me. There are many different Masters out there and he is one of the worst.

Vicious and sadistic.

They get off on causing pain and leaving marks. The sense of destroying their partner fills them with joy.

I will make sure to leave a mark on him before he can touch me.

The closet door's handle rattles and opens. Brandon is silhouetted in the opening, his face in shadow.