Chapter 29: Day 16: Lucky

A/N:
Nothing for now, just trying to update whenever I can :,D

Oh!
I almost forgot

"Everything needs their time
But if you take too long
It'll become meaningless"

———

I'm surprised by how I am still alive until now-

No one tried to kill me for the past 16 days... I just need 15 more days... And I can get out of this place forever. At this pace, it'll be quick for me to finally get out! "Breakfast is ready!" I heard Kirumi's voice call out as I get myself ready for the new day. Walking down the stairs, the first person that I saw was Aoi. "Ah, heya, was the donuts delicious?" I asked as I made my way to the flying hair girl. "Eh? Donuts? You mean yesterday's? Yeah! It was so good, I still can't get over the taste..." The girl sulked for a little bit. "But it's okay! Today, just right before the contest, I asked a friend to bring donuts for me!"

"Oh? Is that so." It's probably Ramu? I don't know...

"We should start eating now! It'd be a shame if the food gets cold!" I nodded as a respond and went to the table. "Yummy! It's sooo good!" Kokichi said and began to take more food into his mouth. "Please, do help yourself, I've prepared a lot for breakfast." Kirumi said as she bows down a little. "Don't need to be formal, Kirumi, you're just like our friend!" Ramu smiled at the maid as she just bows back, and take her own seat. The breakfast timeline was soon finished, and everyone prepare to do their own things, until there's only Byakuya, Ramu and you at the table.

"Soo-" I tried to start the conversation, but that rich kid just had to jump into my mouth. "What would you like to do for today, Ramu?" "Ah- Anything is okay... Wait, what about baking together? I remember we've done that a lot whenever you come over to my house!" Ramu said with a slight smile. It's been a while since I've seen her smiling so genuine, even if it was little... "I... Don't think I can bake as good." The male look puzzled for a while. "Please? For the old time's sake?"

...

"Fine." The man then stood up and closed his book. "I'll be in my room, please do call me when you want to bake." The blondie then walked away, off to the staircase to his room.

Right as he was gone, Ramu immediately turn to me. "Is there something you want to tell me?" Ramu questioned as I nod. "Ah- Right... Y'know, a few days ago when..." I paused for a while, isn't this topic sensitive? Whatever, I'll just say it, it seems like she's ready, anyway. "I heard from Sayaka that you and Byakuya aren't in the best state right now... And I'd like to know what happened that night." I said, Ramu stares at me for a little while, and gave me a smile. "It wasn't anything, we worked it out already, and I'm sure things like that wouldn't happen again..."

"But I wanna know! Why did he do that? You said so- Not everyone in this house is safe to be around! It can repeat anytime and..." I sighed. "I just wanna know, so if anything, I can prevent it..."

"If you wanna know... Alright then..." Ramu said and take a cup of water before starting to explain.

———

Flashback

<Ramu's P.O.V>

Silence

Silence filled the room.

I looked over to the clock and it points at 10pm... It's almost bed time for me...