Chapter 37: Day 2: New friends

"Is it me or it's getting hotter these days..." I groaned in annoyance and kicked the blankets off my body before opening the binds by the bed and embrace the sunlights of the new day. Same mansion... New people... Starting over... You can do this, (Y/N). I have made it so far before, surely it's not that difficult to get there again. "..." And I gaze over to the girl sleeping soundly next to me. Right, I had a sleep over with her...

"Hey Raaamu, wakey wakey? It's time for breakfast... I think." Kirumi isn't here anymore, I do wonder who's going to be in charge of cooking now? Wait- Actually, I don't even have a job anymore either! ... Do I really have to go through another hard time with the job listing? I groaned with all the thoughts clouding up in my head and looked over to Ramu again, who is still sleeping even with my attempt to wake her up.

Maybe I wasn't shouting loud enough? Technically. I wasn't even shouting anyway.

I moved closer to her ears, inhaling in the air to get ready for the loudest voice I can shout out, shame there aren't horns in this place, it'd be fun to blow her ears off-

"Ramu, are you awake yet-" My body couldn't even move upon hearing the familiar voice coming from that rich kid Togami as I heard the doors opening, and as soon as I look over, I jumped upwards, my heart was about to beat out of my chest. "What the hell are you doing in here?" His face turns into a big scowl with seeing me getting so close to Ramu, which I replied immediately;

"You're the one that's entering a girl's room without even thinking of knocking first! Do you even respect Ramu?" "Tch, that has nothing to do with you. Get out, now." "As if. I'm her best friend in the world. I'm not leaving her with you." "..." The guy glared at me, I can feel like there's gonna be a lot of thoughts going on his brain right now, and it'd include chopping my head off or drowning me in the deepest of oceans.

But even so, I have nothing to be afraid of. It's just day 2, I have nothing to lose.

"Whatever. Just bring her downstairs in 5 minutes." With that said, grumpy bitch slammed the door behind him, that also caused Ramu to wake up from her deep slumber. "Gah! (Y/N)...!" She took a full good minute to stare into space and look around her room. "Oh... What happened?" "Your dear friend was here. He demand that you need to get ready in 5 minutes. How absurd is that." I rolled my eyes and get off the bed by myself. "Not like you're gonna listen to him just like that right? Let him wait." Ramu went silent.

"Oh come on! Don't give me that look... He had ordered you around and hurt you far too much." I sigh. "What's the worst could happen if you just let him be by himself for once?" "As much as I want to... Well, I think what I'm doing is for the best for everyone."

...

"Hey (Y/N). You should get along with the others in this mansion too. You know Makoto right? He's a really nice guy, you can start off with befriending him." I stared at Ramu for trying to change the subject for a while, but only complied as I knew this wouldn't go anywhere if we only keep fighting. "Fine, whatever. Just don't involve me if you get killed by that guy." "Are you mad-" "No. I'm fine. I'll get going now."

Leaving Ramu behind, I started my own adventure around the mansion I knew all too well.

"Hey (Y/N)! Where were you? You didn't answer the door this morning, so I thought you went out early!" And I met up with the boy himself, Makoto. "Uhh... I was just going to Ramu's room to drop something off early. Not too important." "I see. Well... Have you eaten anything?" "No. It's really early right now anyway." "Great! There's this place I wanna show you, they make the best breakfast ever!" Makoto beams. "Well is it on you?" I jokingly said, not expecting much from anyone. Besides I don't mind spending a few yens if it means buying friendship and trust out of these people.