"your stupid bandanas"

📍 The Bahamas

📍 The Bahamas

"I DIDN'T JUST BRING THE TWO OF YOU BECAUSE I NEEDED HELP," Ward cleared his throat, ushering two of his children into their Bahamas mansion, "I wanted to show you guys something."

Santana had zoned out for a moment, taking in the sight of what looked to be a million dollar mansion: high ceilings, chandeliers, golden decor and unnecessary paintings.

"You ready San?" Ward snapped her out of it, grinning from ear to ear as he opened a vault — and low and behold, there laid was the Royal Merchant Gold. Rafe went absolutely crazy, screaming with excitement as Santana just stared at it with a knot in her stomach. Her eyes then panned to Ward, piercing with rage.

"You found the Royal Merchant?" Rafe looked up at his father who nodded.

"It's ours now," Ward assured him, and looking back to Santana, "Ours. I can't bring Sarah back, nor can I bring your mother San... but this can save us."

"— Before Agatha hit, we were in a deep financial hole. A-and we're not anymore."

"You don't deserve the gold," Santana replied, clenching her fists, "You don't deserve any of this."

"Right, be even more ungrateful," Rafe antagonised her, "My dad has been sending your unappreciative ass money for years and this is how you repay him?"

"I didn't get a cent of it," Santana shook her head, "And we wouldn't have been in this fucking situation if the Kook King kept it in his pants."

Santana hissed at Ward, "She was married! And you would've been too!"

Ward halted Rafe from responding, asking him for a moment alone with Santana. Reluctantly, Rafe headed out on the balcony, leaving them alone.

"Don't you see that I'm trying?" Ward scratched his neck, "I know I have done so much to push you away from this family, and I know it's all my fault but I can make this right now, if you let me try. And I'll talk to Selah, I'll get to the bottom of whatever she's-"

"How can you even look at me and say that?" Santana took a step back, "No. How dare you say that to me? I will never, ever be a part of your family. And Selah? God, you can all have her. Please. Take her off my hands."

"You don't mean that," Ward teared up, ignoring the mention of Selah, "I know you don't mean that. I know there's a part of you that wants to be apart of this family."

"Family?" Santana trailed off, "I'd take the Santos beatings and gunshots over whatever the hell this is any day."

"Your 'family,' through right and wrong, through burning hatred would do anything for eachother — and that's what we're doing here. I'm protecting my children."