PRIVILEGED ASS TONTOS

📍 Outer Banks

📍 Outer Banks

"AT THIS STAGE, Officer Shoupe would love to tell you all that there was no foul play involved," Gia announced, standing on a small podium with a microphone around a few photographers and press, "But there are six Outer Banks teens missing. I find it hard to believe there wasn't any."

"The missing teens were last seen on the night of September 27th on the road leading out to the point," She continued, speaking firmer, "We've set up a hotline, if you have any information leading to their whereabouts please give us a call."

Gia glanced behind her, seeing Shoupe shake his head. She ignored it.

"I will say one final thing," Gia finally put down her small cue cards, she'd already gone off script as it was, "Ward Cameron was pronounced dead, but it is worthy to note his involvement with these kids and-"

"Officer Martinez," The SBI officer behind her growled, "Personal matters shouldn't get in the way of this."

She took a deep breath in response, "Amongst the teens: Sarah Cameron, John Booker Routledge, JJ Maybank, Pope Heyward and Kiara Carerra, a young lady-"

Gia didn't know if she could continue as he eyes trailed forward on the small paper.

"You can do it," Shoupe coughed, frowning harder because even he didn't want her to continue. Another SBI agent coughed from behind the police officers, "Read from the cards officer Martinez."

"Apologies," Gia nervously flipped around her cards, "A young juvenile is amongst them, Santana Diaz. She has broken her probation and so, if you find any particular whereabouts you are.. are..-"

"Martinez," Shoupe stepped forward, "Let me do this for you."

"No," She insisted, refraining from turning to face Shoupe, "... Should anyone come into contact or receive information about this particular individual, the police are to be informed. Y-you are not to engage with this individual."

"If she was such a problem then how come she was allowed set foot on this shitty island?" A girl called out from the crowd of cameras, and they all stood aside. She stood forward, "Seems to me like you cops are all about helping out the little guy till there's some privileged ass tontos saying otherwise."

Gia squinted her eyes, realising who the girl was the second she had stood forward; Santana's original partner in crime, a best friend since they'd been in diapers, Valin Castillo — one of Ruby Martinez's cousins.

Santana and Valin had ended up in juvie around the same time when they were first thrown in, something about Valin proving she was a ride or die. The thing about her though, she always took things a few steps too far. Last Gia had heard, Valin was still in juvie; but seeing her sleek black hair and winged liner was proof enough the girl was truly standing in front of her.