"just a killer"₂

this is 2/2 of the double chapter! make sure to go back if you missed the first <3

SARAH EVENTUALLY RECEIVED A PHONE CALL FROM TOPPER. His grandfather officially sighed Ward's arrest warrant and while Rafe was sitting in custody, Selah and Ward were spotted out on the druthers.

John B bolted to the van when he heard the brews, and all of the Pogues piled in. The cops were a beat behind the Pogues, trailing them.

The drive was tense, John B was ready to see Ward get arrested while Sarah was subtly panicking.

While the Pogues had ran and jumped over the Tanneyhill fence, Santana stayed behind. JJ was halfway up the wall till he realised she wasn't following them any longer.

He climbed down though It seemed nobody wanted to miss the spectacle of Ward Cameron's arrest, except Santana.

"Sana," JJ frowned, lifting her chin upward so she'd look him in the eyes, "We don't have to go over there you know."

"As if you'd wanna miss this."

"As if you would either..." He mumbled, "Right?"

"Right," She affirmed. Santana ran her hands through her hair out of frustration, "Could you just give me a second? I'll be right behind you."

While on any other day JJ wouldn't argued against it, he noticed a change in her demeanour for the first time. He didn't want to suffocate her either, "Just say the words San."

As JJ reluctantly jumped the fence, Santana moved to sit on a concrete slab by the side of the house. She pulled out the phone number Ward had given her and dialled it.

Santana couldn't quite figure out what made her dial the number, but the anxious feeling in her stomach wasn't going to stop her for once. She just wanted to know.

It rung a couple times, till Ward answered. It wasn't his phone number either, which she found strange.

"S-Santana?" He stuttered.

"Here I was thinking this was gonna be a lawyer or something," She mustered a joke, hearing a faint laugh from Ward, " I can't say I'm exactly a qualified lawyer Sana."

"Not a lawyer, just a killer," She mumbled.

"I didn't expect a call from you at all nonetheless today... so soon," Ward stuttered through his words.

Santana diverted the conversation, "So, are you gonna get off the boat over there or what? It's a bit dramatic. I imagine it's Selah's idea right?"