"bird"

"THAT BREAD HAD MOLD ON IT THREE DAYS AGO," Pope glared at JJ, watching him make a sandwich with mouldy bread

"I'll just pull off the bad parts," JJ smiled as he focused on the bread, "Plus mold is-

"Don't even try to excuse mold as being healthy because it's natural," Santana scrunched her face, quite grossed out, "Mold is like a fungus Maybank."

"Well I was going to say it's good because it's a natural organism," JJ proudly looked at her but dropped his face, "Fungus? Really?"

"JJ!" Kie groaned as the other three pogues walked toward John B and Kie.

John B begun opening the package as everyone intently watched.

"You want some?" JJ pushed the sandwich into Santana's face, trying not to laugh

"I will shove that sandwich up your ass," Santana shook her head as JJ took a bit, spitefully.

"3, 2 and 1," Pope whispered to Santana as the two watched JJ gag and spit up the sandwich into the bin

"Holy shit," John B mumbled as he opened the package to reveal a map with coordinates.

"X marks the spot," Pope pointed onto the map

Santana started to feel around the map, noting the different markings until she felt the package, "There's something else in here."

"What's that?" JJ squinted his eyes at the item Santana was holding

"It's a tape recorder, dumbass," Kie teased him

"Well let's see what the fuck is going on," Santana as she handed it to John B, "Your dad left it for you, you should start it."

"In fairness, surely it was your mom who left you the polaroid," He replied as he grabbed the tape recorder, "That seems to be her thing."

"Speaking of-" Santana trailed off as she felt around her pockets, "You have got to be kidding me. Of course I fucking dropped it at the cemetery."

"Those square groupers!" Kie replied, "What if they got to it?"

"I mean, it was only a photo," Pope pouted, "Let's just be thankful they didn't get this map."

"You sure it's not in your pockets?" JJ turned to Santana as Pope and Kie looked back at the map

"I checked JJ," She frowned

"I'm happy to check," He laughed as she nudged him, "You're so stupid JJ."

"dear bird, i hate to say i told you so but... i told you so; and you doubted your old man. i suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self-loathing over our last fight but don't kill your self yet kid - i didn't expect to find the merchant either."

"He did it," John B mumbled

"john! hurry up, we need to leave!"
"sorry bird, that's my old friend marisol. if she'd stuck around she'd be more like a family friend, i'm sorry i never introduced you two but she didn't exactly live here anymore. she's probably the brains behind my brains."

Santana felt a few tears roll down her eyes and the JJ's arm slid around her neck.

"now you were probably right to call me out - i wasn't exactly father of the decade. what can i say kid? i could smell the barn and hopefully we're listening to thi is in our brand new sugar-shack down in costa rica livin' off passive investments and pulling on permits."

"They found it," John B mumbled as the pogues kept listening to the recording

"though if not, you coming this for less than optimal reasons, well - that's what the map is for. there she is, the wreck of the merchant. if something happens to me - finish what i started."
"john! can i add something?"

The recording picked up the sounds of Marisol's shoes hitting the wooden flooring as her voice appeared once more.

"i know we've never really met but if you do finish our hunt, please do one thing for me - though you don't owe it. i have three children, one of which i don't exactly have the best relationship.. behind the map should be her name and where she's living. i just want you to play this for her so she knows.. so she knows that i was doing this for us and that i love her, more than she'll admit."

"What's she talking about?" Pope furrowed his brows as Santana's tears grew a little more. Pope noticed her tears and held her too.

"go for the gold bird. i love you, even if i didn't always act like it. i'll see you on the other side."

The recording then heard a faint yell from Marisol, calling out to John but that's where it ended.

John B threw the recorder back onto the table as he stood up, leaning against a draw though Santana grew a little dizzy, sitting down on the closest chair to her - neither of them saying a word.

"He fucking did it! They did it!" JJ squealed, "They found the merchant."

John B broke down even more, crying harder.

"C-can you please shh!" Kie held her head as JJ noticed the effect this was having on John B and Santana

"I-I shouldn't have been here in the first place," Santana shook her head as she stood up, "I shouldve never come with you guys and I shouldn't have- This is about John B okay? It's not about me."

"But your mom-" JJ called out to her but Pope interrupted

"Slow down," Pope stopped her, "Just breathe."

"I need to go," She shook her head as she glanced at John B. The two stared at eachother for a split second before Santana stormed out.

[][][]

"HOW MUCH WAS IT AGAIN?" JJ spoke up at the strum of a guitar

"HOW MUCH WAS IT AGAIN?" JJ spoke up at the strum of a guitar. The pogues had met Santana outside and they'd been sitting outside, John B and Santana hadn't spoken a word.

"500 million," Kie mumbled

"Alright let's talk a split," JJ contiuned, "Before we say evenly, may I remind you i'm the only who can protect us from those square groupers."

"I'm pretty sure Santana would completely surpass you," Pope tried to joke, nudging Santana who cracked a slight smile.

"Okay but i've watched youtube videos," JJ rebutted, "And protection ain't cheap."

"I'm gonna buy textbooks."

"I'm gonna make a double album about OBX."

"And I'm gonna go full kook."

"Here's to going full Kook," John B finally spoke up, and then faced to Santana, "What about you?"

[][][]
🥺🥺
i still need to edit this, i just wanted to put it out ahhaha 🦋