"it backfired"

"I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU BROKE UP WITH HIM," Wheezie tilted her head up, furrowing her brows at Santana as she continued to devour the ice cream, "He defended you without hesitation

"I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU BROKE UP WITH HIM," Wheezie tilted her head up, furrowing her brows at Santana as she continued to devour the ice cream, "He defended you without hesitation."

"She feels a little suffocated," Sarah shrugged, "I get the feeling."

"Why? Is this like when you told Topper you were ready but you didn't-"

"Wheezie!" Sarah yelled, covering her little sister's mouth, "Shutup."

"Hey um, Wheezie — can I talk to Sarah alone for a second?" Santana asked as Wheezie sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Okay okay."

As Wheezie left the room, Sarah flopped back into her pillows, "We're screwed."

"Um no, don't even say that we're screwed! I just broke up with JJ!" Santana grabbed one of the pillows she was lying on and threw it at her, "What do you mean, we're screwed?"

"You know how we thought he was gonna hide the gold here or something?" Sarah paved herself as Santana nodded, "He's shipping it all to a beach house in Nassau. I think it's Selah's."

Santana blankly stared at Sarah for a moment as she contiuned, "A-and I saw these passes on his desk for you and me, he's taking us with him. There was an email from Selah, she's headed there after us."

"Lemme get this straight," Santana bit her lip, "The Pogues hate us and tbe old bastard is shipping us to the Bahamas. Cool. Cool. Everything just backfired on us."

"Well you weren't supposed to break up with JJ or anything! What the fuck was that San?" Sarah rebutted.

"I just- God, he doesn't need my crazy!" Santana yelled back, with a burst of tears finally running down her cheek, "I'd rather let him go now, then watch him leave later when this all goes to shit... even if he did defend me, maybe he just didn't mean-"

Sarah bit her lip, thinking about what she could say to console Santana. Instead, she just have her a hug, "He wouldn't have left you, and neither will any of us. The Pogues are just mad because they don't know what we're doing for them right now okay? They're probably cooling off as we speak."

"Sure," Santana's sniffles turned to a light chuckle, "I think I'm better off taking the fall for all of this, I mean, I'm gonna get shipped back to Freeridge knowing Gia."

"This is your issue San, you plan things that haven't happened — and you just assume you know they'll happen," Sarah frowned, "You've got a family here now and we won't let anything happen to you."

"I've heard that before," Santana mumbled back, taking a deep breath before she tried her best to change her attention back to the gold, "Well, how are we supposed to stop a plane from taking off? At least if it was in OBX, we could've reported him or just pawned it off ourselves."

"I-I don't know."

"You know what?" Santana closed her eyes, groaning as she brought JJ up once more, "This really is better for JJ, he doesn't need my crazy or my saviour complex."