"bruised"

** mentions of abuse & violence toward the end of the chapter **

"YOU KNOW THESE TWO?" Peterkin non-chalantly asked as she pushed two mugshots of the men from the motel in front of Santana

"I said, do you know these two?" Peterkin re-iterated in Santana's silence, "Shoupe's gone to get JJ so you can stop with the silent treatment."

"They broke into John B's house," Santana gulped, "and they chased us through the marsh. That's all I know."

"Well, here's a more recent photo," Peterkin replied as she slid her a picture of the two, "Somebody gaffed them, then used them for chum. Watcha think? Bull Shark?"

"You're attempt to intimidate me is failing," Santana crossed her arms, "I don't know how I'm supposed to help you. They're dodgy people and they experienced a dodgy ass death."

"Oh, my bad!" Peterkin sarcasticslly replied, "Here's the bad news, whoever killed these men is still out there and i got a lotta reasons to believe their next target is you - and once there done, they're gonna run on over to John B."

"You kids don't think you're the only ones after the Royal Merchant now, do you?"

"We're not on it anymore," Santana lied, "It's probably not even out there."

"You better hope so," Peterkin shook her head, "You ain't swimming in no pool anymore, you're swimming in the ocean with some big sharks little girl."

"Can I go?" Santana sighed as Peterkin annoyingly nodded. She walked straight out of her office and met with Gia who was filing some papers near the front.

"Off the record, are you really involved with that?" Gia asked

"Don't know what she's talking about," Santana shrugged as she leant against the wall.

"eres un buen mentiroso," Gia laughed as she shook her head

"siempre," Santana cracked a smile, "How long are you staying here?"

"I thought i'd stick around a little while - make sure you're not gonna get murdered you know?" Gia replied as she handed a paper to Santana, "Just sign these and you're good to go princesa."

"I don't know why you still put up with me," Santana said as she started to look through the papers. She didn't particularly care about the essay-length writing but she did want to check the fine print and who else had signed it.

The first signature was from Ward and the second was Selah.

"Selah signed these?" Santana shot up

"She had to, she's your guardian."

A few moments passed and soon another officer was preparing release papers - which Santana had assumed were JJ's..

Luke Maybank then came stumbling through the door, he already looked pissed off. Santana didn't know who he was but she still caught a glance of him. She then heard footsteps coming from behind her and saw JJ walking with his head down.