04

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

After waking up late and missing breakfast, Dasom couldn't wait for her last class to end so she could go get a late lunch. Kou had asked her to meet him at a nearby café where he worked, promising to give her a free coffee at least, so when the time came, she walked as fast as she could and walked into the cosy and mostly empty café.

"Senpai!" she called, walking up to the counter where Kou had his back turned.

"Oh my god Soms, please don't call me that in public," he said with a grimace as he turned to face her. "What do you want to order?"

"What's the cheapest pasta you have?" she asked, not wanting to read the menu.

"Aglio olio," he replied. "And I'll give you an americano like I promised."

"Sold," she replied, handing him her card to pay.

Just as Kou got started on her coffee, the sweet old man who managed the café came out of the staff room.

"Oh, Dasom dear," he recognized her as per usual. "It's so nice to see you here."

"Hey Mr. Hong," she responded, holding her hand out for a fist bump with him as she always did. "You're looking good today."

"I always look good child," he said, obliging with her fist bump. "Kou, you want to take your break now?"

"Yes sir," Kou said, placing two iced americanos on the tray on the counter followed by a fairly large bowl of pasta.

The two friends found a table and sat down to eat.

"Oh my god, Kou," Dasom began. Unable to hold it in any longer, she reached into her backpack for her phone. "I've been waiting to tell you this in person."

"Are you about to confess your undying love for me?" he asked as she rummaged through the bag for longer than she intended.

"Yes, but apparently I lost the ring," she joked along with him as sne finally closed her fingers around her phone. "So instead I'm just going to say you're a genius."

"What did I do?"

"Remember how you told me to keep it from Hyemi if she got the fan call slot?" she asked, and Kou nodded.

"Wait, you actually got it?" Kou asked incredulously.

Dasom confirmed his guess with a smile and then continued to explain the crazy events of the past few days. "I was just going to skip it or find someone to take my place but I ended up listening to some of the solo songs by the guy who Hyemi won a chance to meet," she went on as Kou listened with full attention. "And I really liked his music and his whole vibe so I wanted to talk to him. The call was actually really fun, which was nice but when I finally got the signed album..."