45

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ─────

"Holy shit, are you Jeong Jaehyun?"

When Dasom's friend recognized him, Jaehyun wanted to sink into the floor and disappear.

I'm so fucking stupid, he thought. How did I not hear them?

"You're mistaken," Dasom said, grabbing the girl's arm and turning her around. "Who even is that?"

"Oh shut up Dasom," Shiyun said, turning back towards Jaehyun, stunned. "I've been to an NCT 127 concert, I know that's him."

"A fucking k-pop idol?" Hyunsik asked in disbelief, recognizing the name of the band.

Jaehyun just stood there, not knowing where to look as the cat was let out of the bag. Dasom was starting to get incredibly uncomfortable with the way her friends were talking about Jaehyun as if he couldn't understand them.

"Fuck, you're right Shiyun," Juhee piped up, Jaehyun's face suddenly clicking on her mind after hearing Shiyun's realization. "That is Jaehyun."

"Guys please," Dasom pleaded, not knowing what to say. "Let it go, that's not—"

"No you're right," Jaehyun finally spoke up. "I am Jaehyun."

Shiyun and Juhee's mouths fell open and now the other two guys also stood up.

"What are you doing dude?" Dasom said, confused that he admitted it.

"Clearly there's no use in denying it," Jaehyun sighed, walking out of the hallway, now in full view. "So yeah, that's me. And I'm Desi's friend. Now will you guys please do us a favour and not tell anybody?"

"Obviously," Kou answered for everyone when nobody else did. Seeing how Kou was still trying to protect her left Dasom wanting to cry even more.

"How the fuck do you even know each other?" Shiyun asked, turning to Dasom. "You better explain, no lies."

So, Dasom finally told her friends the story of how she had met Ten during a fansign, and how that had led to her befriending Mark and Jaehyun, leaving out Johnny and Ten's names for the sake of privacy.

"So you've been... leading a double life?" Juhee asked her.

"What? No!" Dasom said defiantly.

"Yes you have," Juhee accused her. "You've been lying to us, ghosting us, and ditching our plans because you became friends with a few celebrities."