79

a/n: jaesom enjoyers proceed with caution ❤️‍🩹

───── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─────

Once all the members had been revealed, Dasom's heart rate began to escalate. It felt so different being at a concert knowing the artists performing on a personal level. Seeing how many fans were in the arena, it didn't feel real to Dasom that she was there to watch and support them as a close friend to most of them.

And as a girlfriend.

Dasom looked at Mark with a goofy smile on her face as her brain, which was wired to making her a somewhat unserious person, put the rapper girlfriend meme in her mind.

She couldn't be more grateful that she was able to be attending this concert to support him, not as a fan, not as a friend, but as his girlfriend.

There had been so many obstacles to their relationship, and the biggest one was standing right there on stage next to him.

What the hell is wrong with me? Dasom scolded herself internally. Thinking of Jaehyun as an obstacle was completely wrong. He had been her rock through the past year, always so selflessly thinking of her happiness.

Guilt filled Dasom's chest for the first time in a long while as the boys began to perform Kick It. Around her, her friends and the other fans were cheering, pumping their fists, and dancing, but she was frozen.

She'd never properly show Jaehyun any gratitude for everything, had she? Apologies were made, the tension was gone, but no appreciation had ever been given.

Even when the group started performing Love Song, one of her newer favourites, she could hardly concentrate. She tried keeping her focus on Mark, but her gaze kept shifting to Jaehyun every so often.

When everyone but Taeil left the stage, Dasom looked down to see her knuckles turning white as she gripped the barrier in front of her tightly, her lightstick hanging untouched from her wrist.

"Hey, are you okay?" Haru asked from her right. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I'm fine," Dasom laughed it off, letting go of the bar and taking hold of the lightstick again. "I just got lightheaded for a second."

"Tell us if you feel sick again," Haru said, passing a water bottle over to her and she nodded, accepting a drink from it.

Getting back to her senses, Dasom was disappointed when she realized how short Taeil's performance was, wanting to keep hearing it. She got what she wanted and more when he was joined on stage by Donghyuck. These two had her favourite voices in the group, and hearing a duet from them helped her immerse herself back into the excitement of the concert.

She glanced over at Haru who was cheering with her lightstick as she watched Donghyuck, feeling relieved that she'd managed to pull her out of her gloomy mood.