29

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

With the feeling that she was being carried away somewhere, Dasom suddenly shot awake, finding herself in someone's arms while going up on an elevator.

She looked up to see Jaehyun was the one holding her, but feeling how tired her body was, she didn't bother trying to get out of it.

"Oh, you're awake," he said, looking down at Dasom when he felt her shift.

"What happened?" she asked as the elevator to a halt and dinged, the doors opening. "Where are we?"

"You fell asleep in the car," Jaehyun explained, walking out and heading towards a door. "You weren't waking up even after an hour and I don't know where you live, so I just brought you to my place. Think you can stand for a second? I need to unlock the door."

Dasom nodded and he let her down, starting to type in the code for the lock. "Yo, I can just go home," she said, though she was incredibly tired and had no idea where she was. "I'll book an Uber."

"Nah, it's okay," Jaehyun told her, opening the door and pushing her inside lightly. "It's so late, and you're already here anyway."

"Are you sure?" she asked as he closed the door behind them, and neither of them noticed the light coming from the closed door of the first bedroom in the walkway.

"If I wasn't sure I wouldn't have brought you here," he assured her, leading the way to the living room where he collapsed on the couch after leaving his phone on the coffee table. "You're heavier than you look."

"Don't be such a dick," she laughed nervously, very much aware of the fact that she was alone in Jaehyun's house with him, not daring to take a seat.

"Sit down," he said, patting the space next to him as if reading her mind. "I'm sure you're tired."

"Yeah," she confirmed with a yawn, sinking into the couch next to him. Normally, she would have just immediately fallen asleep, but with Jaehyun sitting so close to her, she was very much awake and hyper-aware.

"Did you enjoy the party?" he asked her, trying to start a conversation so they weren't in silence. It wasn't completely quiet though, as Jaehyun's phone had still been playing music this whole time.

"Of course, it was great," she guaranteed. Then, a thought crossed her mind as the song changed to something familiar: Into It.

"Do you... regret inviting me instead of whoever you originally did?"

"Surprisingly, no," Jaehyun admitted, turning his head towards her from its position leaning on the headrest of the couch. "I offered mostly because Mark and Ten wanted you there, and you ended up being better company than I thought to me instead. Really good company."