20

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

It was a cold night, so Dasom bundled herself up with a coat and scarf before leaving the hotel. This was when she finally got to meet Mark face to face, so she was feeling a little nervous. 

I wonder if he knows.

The fact that Ten probably hadn't told Mark anything was what she figured as she opened the door to leave.

"Where are you going this late?"

It was Hyemi, who was lying on the couch with her laptop.

Oh, if only you knew babe.

"A walk?" Dasom half-lied. She was technically going to walk there after all.

"Whatever, not like I care."

"You literally asked, but okay."

Before Hyemi could retort and ruin Dasom's cheerful mood, she closed the door and opened up the location Ten had sent her on Google Maps. It led her on a ten minute walk to Kirkland waterfront, a sightseeing spot in the city that she had wanted to visit. 

When she got there, she looked around until her eyes fell on the silhouette of a man looking out at the water in front of him, a few metres away, and her heart started to beat faster.

That was him, wasn't it?

There wasn't another soul in sight, so it had to be. With a deep breath, she began walking towards him, too nervous to call his name.

* * *

"Mark Lee!" Ten called as he barged into the room of the half-asleep Mark, who stirred at the sound.

"What do you want?" he groaned, annoyed that his sleep had been disturbed.

"I accidentally left my backpack at the waterfront when we were there earlier," Ten explained, shaking the boy on the bed. 

"You idiot, just go get it," Mark said, pulling his covers up higher, only to have Ten rip them off. "Dude, give them back!"

"I need you to go get them for me," Ten insisted, ignoring Mark's plea and tossing the covers away from them.

"Why me? Why can't you go?"

"The manager is sharing my room remember?" Ten lied. Their manager was actually sharing with Baekhyun, but he was sure Mark wouldn't realize it. "If he wakes up and sees me gone I'll be in trouble later."

"Ask someone else, please," Mark begged, just wanting to go back to sleep comfortably.

"Please Mark?" Ten asked, pulling his arm to try to drag him off the bed. "I already woke you up, there's no point in waking Taeyong or anyone else up now."