69

a/n: i used too many pics this chapter oops no thumbnail lmaoo

───── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─────

If anyone had to be nervous at the moment it was Dasom.

However, in the meeting room seated with Taeyong on his right along one side of the table, Mark was nervously shaking his leg as he looked between the empty seat on one end and the door behind it. He was waiting for Dasom to come inside and hoping everything would go well when she did.

The door opened and Dasom walked in with one of their managers. Mark caught her eyes and gave her an encouraging smile, and that made her wear a friendly one of her own as she greeted everyone in the room.

"Have a seat Desi!" one of the staff members told her, pointing to the empty seat.

Thank god, Dasom thought as she went to sit down adjacent to Mark. At least he's close.

Dasom was so nervous she thought she would break into sweats that showed even through her sweater that she'd bought before coming there. She was trying really hard to focus on what one of the staff members was telling her but her thoughts were all over the place.

She knew how critical K-Pop fans were when it comes to music. A lot of them wouldn't hesitate to call a song terrible. If people started referring to a song she helped make as a 'skip' she didn't know if her self-esteem would be able to handle it.

What if I screw this up? What if my work isn't good enough? What if Mark and Jae just wasted their time for me? What if the song ends up being a flop?

Just then, she was shaken out of her thoughts feeling Mark's hand on her knee under the table.

"Hey, you're okay," he whispered so only she would hear it. He could see it on her face that she was feeling nervous and there wasn't much he could do about it in that situation, so he did the best he could.

In the end, Dasom had been worried for nothing. After understanding what they were looking for in terms of sound, she brought out her laptop and showed them samples of a few different beats she had been working on.

There was one beat that excited Taeyong to the point where he got out of his chair and voiced that it was what he thought was perfect, urging everyone to agree with him. Of course, since everyone in the group trusted Taeyong's opinion as the leader, it was finalized.

It was decided that Dasom would work on the beat and then give it to one of SM's in-house producers to fine-tune while the composers worked on the lyrics.

"Ask about being in the studio," Mark said under his breath to her. She probably would have forgotten if he hadn't reminded her.

"Sorry, would it be okay if I got to be part of the recording process?" Dasom asked the staff. "I would love to get that experience so I can learn more about arranging too!"

"Of course," one of the A&R personnel told her. "We'll call you when it's time."

"Thank you so much!" Dasom said with a big smile.

After the meeting adjourned, Dasom wanted to immediately go home and start working, but Mark, Jaehyun, and Johnny convinced her that they should all go out for an early dinner. Before they left, Doyoung decided to join in and called Nevaeh to see if she was free to come along since she was also at the company.

* * *

prodbydesi's story