49

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ─────

By the time March rolled around, Mark had become insanely busy preparing for NCT Dream's comeback. He was always in the recording studio, writing lyrics, or having a dance practice whenever Dasom checked in on him.

So, Dasom ended up spending a lot of time with Nevaeh, Ten, and of course, Jaehyun. The two of them talked nearly every day, and at least twice a week, he would make it a point to meet her somehow.

It really did feel like she had a boyfriend, but the very thought of that being the reality of the situation was a little overwhelming to her. She liked where they were now, still feeling things out with each other.

After spending an afternoon together in Dasom's house, just cooking together while talking about everything and nothing at all, Jaehyun dropped her off at her university for an evening class.

This was a lecture class she was taking, and it always felt incredibly strange every time she walked inside, because Juhee and Hyunsik were both in the class too. As she sat down on the opposite end of the room from them, all she could think about was how badly she wanted to talk to them again. It's not that she didn't have other friends she'd been hanging out with lately in school, but she still missed her closest ones.

She had so much to tell them, and it was particularly driving her crazy that she couldn't talk to them about Jaehyun. After hearing what Nevaeh had to say about their deal, she couldn't help but start to feel uncertain about it all, and having her other friends' thoughts would've been so ideal.

But as she tuned out of the lecture and got lost in her thoughts further, Dasom realized that even though she wanted to make up with her friends, she didn't necessarily want to apologize for anything. Why should she be sorry that she kept a secret for someone whose privacy and career were on the line? She had no reason to apologize for not telling her friends about Jaehyun.

But the longer she thought about it, the more she realized that she had just been a bad friend too. Whether she told them about Jaehyun, Mark, and her other new friends or not, she had no excuse for flaking on them the number of times she did. Maybe she really had just been too focused on her new friends that she started to forget her old ones, just like Kou had warned her.

If she was going to apologize to her old friends for something, that would be it. She would find the right time and hope they were understanding enough to forgive her.

* * *

w00jae

dasom
jae

dasom
i'm so bored i'm gonna kay em ess

jaehyun
nah i know you just miss me already