bonus: apocalypse

this is an endgame chapter for jaehyun and dasom (what could've been if they did things differently from what actually happens)

if you want to continue the actual story go to the next chapter, 47!!

───── ─────

"I think I might fall for you," Jaehyun admitted to Dasom rather nervously, since it was the first time since high school that such words had left his mouth. "No, that's not right... I've definitely fallen for you."

Hearing what he had said, Dasom wriggled out of his grasp and sat up, looking down at him in utter surprise. She'd never expected him to confess to her, considering the rumours about his reputation with girls resting in the back of her mind.

"You're joking," she said moments later.

Jaehyun raised himself up and put his hand over hers on the ground.

"I'm serious," he told her, gazing into her eyes. "I would never joke about this kind of thing."

He could see her eyes shaking as she processed his confession for seconds that felt like hours to him.

"Say something," he said, squeezing her hand tightly. "You don't even have to say anything that I want to hear, just don't leave me hanging."

Dasom's heart was racing faster than it had ever before. She knew that had been slowly falling for Jaehyun too, but she'd never thought about it too deeply since she had convinced herself that he didn't feel the same way, despite people telling her Jaehyun was treating her much better than he did the girls in his past.

But, she was over Mark, wasn't she?

And there was a wonderful man right in front of her telling her he has feelings for her, and it would be criminal to let him go, especially knowing how exceptionally he treated her, and how vulnerable they were with each other now.

Nobody treated Dasom better than Jaehyun, and she didn't know why it wasn't obvious to her that he was always the best thing to happen to her.

So, before she could change her mind, she leaned forward and placed a kiss on his lips, and as she did, she felt him smile against her.

"I've fallen for you too Jeong Yuno," Dasom revealed when she pulled away, and Jaehyun's toothy grin grew even bigger.

Without another word, Jaehyun closed the space between them again, and the Dasom dissolved into his touch, the two unable to hide their relief and happiness anymore.

* * *

When Dasom woke up, she was instantly blinded by the morning sun, squeezing her eyes shut again. Feeling like she was still lying down with her hand across Jaehyun, she quickly opened her eyes again, seeing that she was on his bare chest yet again.