58

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─────

It had been a few days since Dasom had started living on her own. She was doing fine for herself, enjoying having her own space. She'd decorated her apartment to suit her taste, and her record player was almost always running now that she didn't have to be conscious of distracting her dad when he was working.

That day, she didn't have any classes, so her step-siblings Hyemi and Hyunjun came over from Incheon to visit for the first time. She'd gone and stayed in their house obligatorily a few weeks earlier, but she had just stayed for one night, now having the excuse of work and school to not stay with her mom and stepdad any longer.

"Can I really come crash here whenever I need to?" Hyunjun asked her excitedly.

"Aren't you going to Yonsei University in the fall?" Dasom replied. "That's an excuse to stay whenever you want, it's just a fifteen minute subway from here."

"Perfect," Hyunjun smiled.

"Do you like the place Hyemi?" Dasom asked her.

It was originally just supposed to be Hyunjun, so Dasom had no idea why Hyemi had showed up with him. It was weird, but it's not like she could kick her out. But luckily, Hyemi brought it up herself.

"Oh yeah, for sure," Hyemi nodded, but she looked worried for some reason. "Dasom, I actually came along with Hyunjun last minute because I need to talk to you."

"What's up?" Dasom wondered, hoping nothing was wrong with the siblings at home.

"Privately," Hyemi said, looking at her brother.

"Oh come on, why can't I know?" Hyunjun complained, but seeing the glare from Hyemi, he caved. "Fine, but you guys go to Dasom's room or something. I'll watch a movie here."

"Okay, come on," Hyemi said, walking to the bedroom. Dasom followed her, confused about what could be so serious.

"What's going on Hyemi?" Dasom asked, taking a seat on her bed, Hyemi doing the same.

"Okay, so you know your friend Taeri?" Hyemi began. "I ran into her at the train station when I came to drop Hyunjun off, and she seemed a little too glad to see me. I obviously thought that was weird because there's no way you haven't talked shit about me to them in the past."

Dasom immediately turned red from embarrassment, making Hyemi laugh.

"No don't worry, I've done the same with you to my friends before," she admitted. "Anyway, our interaction was super weird. She immediately was like 'OMG Hyemi, Dasom has told me so much about how you're an NCTzen.' I was like, 'um... yeah, I am.'"

"That is weird," Dasom frowned.

"Right? I was wondering where she was going with it," Hyemi continued. "And then she says 'isn't it crazy that Dasom is friends with the members?!'"