40

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

After leaving Mark behind, Dasom washed away her thoughts over Mark with the rest of the beer he had given her and began looking for anyone else that she recognized, unable to find Jaehyun, Johnny, Taeyong, Nevaeh, or Doyoung.

A few minutes later, she spotted some familiar people dancing not to far away.

"Daiyu!" she called, waving to the girl she had met not too long ago. She looked up at the mention of her name and smiled upon seeing Dasom.

"Dasom!" she recognized her, giving her a hug when Dasom reached her. "I didn't get your contact last time but I really wanted to hang out again."

"I told you that you could've just asked Mark," the other person Dasom knew told Daiyu. "Hey, Dasom, good to see you again."

"You too Xiaojun!" she said, genuinely smiling this time.

Xiaojun and Daiyu introduced her to the the WayV members they were with, Hendery and Winwin, since she had embarrassingly forgotten their names. She ended up spending a long time hanging out with them, with Ten joining them at one point.

Around an hour later, when they were all sitting down on one of the many couches around the house, Dasom in her tipsy state noticed Mark walking out onto the balcony across the room, with Lily in tow by the hand.

"What are you looking at?" Ten asked, following her line of sight, eyes landing on Mark and Lily. "Oh..."

"He's gonna confess now," she sighed. "Or she is, I know it."

"Damn, I'm sorry my girl but," Ten started, knocking her one the head. "I don't need you feeling down on my birthday, let's go get wasted."

"Deal," Dasom nodded. Anything was better than sitting here and watching through the glass as Mark and Lily began to talk.

It's really over now

Ten had dragged her down to the bar counter in the kitchen, where she finally saw Johnny and Jaehyun again. They were sharing a joint between them. She cut in and plucked it out of Jaehyun's hand, taking a huge puff, and another, and then one more.

"Whoa, calm down ma'am," Johnny said, taking the joint away from her. "What's up with you?"

"Mark's confessing to Lily as we speak so we're here to get her drunk," Ten explained against Dasom's will, so she smacked his arm. 

"Oh damn, you actually like him?" Johnny asked, and Dasom sighed, nodding after realizing there was no point in lying. "I suspected it but I wasn't sure because of how much he said you helped him with the Lily situation."

"Just being a good friend," she shrugged. "Now someone please give me a shot, straight."

"Let's all take one," Ten said, so Jaehyun poured tequila into four glasses and passed them around.