Chapter 6:"I did not kill her"

Jimin had a little idea about what happened next. Not long ago he could feel presence of other men and arrival of many vehicles. But he was still sank down on the floor near her room. He can't get over that bloody image of Shin-hye. Her eyes which showed pure fear and shock still lingering over his head. His half conscious eyes stared at the wall infront of him. He heard people come and go. He heard a distant sound of a crying but he didn't want to come out of his shocked state yet. He wanted to cry but he felt too weak. It's true he hated his sister but that didn't mean he wanted her dead. Whoever did this must suffer oneday.

He was still in a daze when he felt the presence of two men near him. He looked up to see those men who obviously looked like from the police.
" Mr. Park. I hope you would accompany us to the police station."
Jimin was confused. Why would he go to the police. " I don't want to..."
" Mr.Park we have a clear warrant to arrest you for the murder of Park Shin-hye"
That's when it snapped to Jimin. They suspect him for killing Shin-hye.
"What do you mean? You think I killed her?!!!! "
Jimin couldn't bear any more. He shouted at those policemen.
"We are not saying you killed her Mr.Park. but you are the only suspect of this murder, currently. So we need you to corperate with us for further investigations."

Jimin really didn't get it. Why would he kill his sister. That's ridiculous. Anyone would find it such a joke. He didn't want to corperate with these stupid policemen. They were not here to do justice for Shin-hye. So why would he go with them.
"I don't want to come with you. You go and find the real murderer. Leave me alone. I didn't kill Shin-hye."
"Mr. Park. I would like to remind you anything you say and do after this may used for investigations. So I hope you would corperate with us unless we'd have to force you."
He can't bear it any longer. How could they think he killed his sister. Bloody picture of dead Shin-hye came to his mind. Do they think he's really inhuman and monstrous like that; to stab his sister to death. Tears started to run down his cheeks. His head felt like burning. He shouted.
"NO NO I DIDN'T KILL HER. I DIDN'T KILL HER. BELIEVE ME. I DIDN'T"
He felt those men dragging his pathetic self out. His eyes stopped at his mother. Ofcourse she'd believe him.
"MOM.. DON'T LET THEM TAKE ME.. I DON'T WANT TO GO.. I DIDN'T KILL HER. TELL THEM MOM.. I COULDN'T DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT.!!!!..."
Why was she turning away from him? Why did she hide her face on his father's chest? Is she crying? Surely she believes him right?
"Mom........" He whispered. Did she also suspects him.

They went out of the house. He saw how few neighbours had gathered to watch the show. He looked at them and saw no pity on their eyes. They stared at him with pure disgust. They believe he killed her. Jimin found it extremely hilarious. How could they even imagin he did something like that. He suddenly realized there was no Shin-hye anymore. Wasn't it what he needed before. He let out a devilish chuckle.Even after her death she had found a way to annoy him. But he didn't have to worry. They'd soon find he's innocent right?

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Jimin waited in the dark cell. He waited untill his mother would come back and take him home. He cried enough inside the cell. Now only thing he needed was a good bath and a comfortable sleep in his bed. As long as he stayed in the cell he felt less confidence on his mother. She'd come right? She can't turn him down. He's her only child. At the end who visited Jimin was neither his mother nor father but a lawyer given by the police station. He was irritated by the fact that his mother refused to send him a proper lawyer.

Instead of proving his innocence his lawyer asked him to confess.. What should he confess about. He tried to make his lawyer believe his story but he didn't want to acknowledge his innocence.
"Mr.Park. only way to get over a life time sentence is the confession. If you confessed , with your mental condition it would be easy for me to sent you to a mental asylum since you are still 17+"
"What should I confess? I said the real story. I didn't kill her!!!. And mental asylum? You think I have mental problems????"
His lawyer sighed. "Look Mr.Park. They have found a knife in your room which is proved to be the object used to kill Park Shin-hye. And there are many witnesses that witnessed you fighting with her boyfriend. The time span of Shin-hye's death similar to the time you were at home. So there's no way out of this. You must confess unless you would have to suffer in a prison. "

***

Jimin knew he was fucked up. He didn't have anyway out of this. He kept staring at the statue of lady justice. He didn't understand why her eyes are covered. He had little impression how his trial ended. He noticed his parents were not there. Instead there were lot of reporters from various media companies. The murder of Park Shin-hye became quite popular. Specialy since she was murdered by her own brother.

He came out of his reverie when two police men came to him. He realized as his lawyer said he was sent to a mental asylum for underage criminals. 'Criminal' Everyone believe he's a psychotic criminal who killed his sister due to jealousy. His parents, his friends all turned him down. And Jungkook... He paused when he saw Jungkook near the court room. He also believes he killed his sister?
Jimin ran towards Jungkook avoiding the two policemen and hang in the elder's coller.
"Jungkook... Jungkook... believe me. I didn't kill her. I didn't kill Shin-hye. She was already dead when I went. Jungkook believe me. I would never do something like that. Please..." He could feel tears run down his face. Everyone was staring at them but he no longer had a pride to protect. After a second Jungkook grabed him by his coller and threw him to the floor.
"How dare you lie Park Jimin. Every evidence clearly says you murdered her and you still have audicity to lie. "
Jungkook didn't believe him either. Ofcourse he wouldn't. He killed his girlfriend! Jimin could only stay in the floor and cry his eyes out.
"Just because court sent you to a hospital don't think you got away from the sufferings you deserve. You deserve to rot in the prison!!! Remember this! As soon as you come out after four years I would find a way to make you wish you didn't ever think of hurting Shin-hye.."
Jungkook punched Jimin who was crying in the floor, with his foot... And walked away marking his own words. He would make Jimin suffer. He would create every pain Jimin caused Shin-hye through out those years. Even if he had to kill him at the end.

Jimin looked at the retreating figure with his blured eyes. He realized how happy the deads are.
'Ah.. Shin-hye.. you must be enjoying how I look right now. No one believes me. No one loves me. Just as you said'
Jimin let the two policemen drag him anywhere they want. He lost his hope to live. He didn't know how his life would change from now on. He didn't have any strength to think about it either. He just let them drag him to years of utter darkness.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Thus ends the first part of the story. If you think it's  worth keep reading please vote and share. 💖